Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a gtx 295 and was scoring just a tad better in vantage on the gpu then I am currently with my new 5970. I have the latest drivers installed.

I did have the 295 oc'ed as high as I could(stable) and I am running the 5970 stock right now because if I try to overclock it my comp crashes.

I still think I should be getting a lot higher on the scoring, you tell me what you think

As far as the cpu scoring so much lower, I can't explain that...I do have HT off and on that test HT was on, but both were at 4ghz.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
You should be getting around a 23K gpu score with that card.
Did you make sure you completely removed all nVidia drivers by booting in safe mode and running Driver Sweeper?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleax1
View Post

Do I need PhysX installed?

Did you have PhysX enabled while you ran vantage on the 295's?

If you did that is why the 295 is scoring more.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I did the cleansweep and removed everything Nvidia...the problem is PhysX is Nvidia based, but without it Vantage won't run. It says it needs PhysX

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Ok, I did the cleansweep and removed everything Nvidia...the problem is PhysX is Nvidia based, but without it Vantage won't run. It says it needs PhysX

You just need the Physx software installed.
It is just an outsource thing that Physx games/benches require.
Just go grab the newest Physx software and install it.

·

13,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contagion View Post
You just need the Physx software installed.
It is just an outsource thing that Physx games/benches require.
Just go grab the newest Physx software and install it.
Agreed. here is the link for the PhysX download:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.1112.html

• Rep+
Reactions: kyleax1

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
That score is off. It can't be lower than my CFX HD4890 XXX cards. I get over 22000 with them running 1 GHz / 4.6 GHz and my I7 @ 4.1 GHz. What Catalyst?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
What Catalyst?
8.663.1_Beta5_Hemlock_VistaWin7_Nov11

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so I installed the newest physX and now Vantage works and here are my scores. Still low on the GPU though, any ideas why?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I try to overclock from 725/1000 to 850/1200 My card fails before vantage even starts...this was happening yesterday, but completely freezing the comp. I even had to install a different card at one point just so I could boot into windows.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
Stock speeds, that and Vantage is highly optimized for NV/SLI.

850 will need a voltage bump.
While that may be true I am scoring lower then other people with the same card as seen here

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
4 GPU's friend
Alright, I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing that out

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The highest I could clock stable is 800/1100 w/ 1.262volts anything higher and i crashed within 3 seconds of vantage. I read that I need to change a few other voltages with amd overdrive, but I can't get it to open. Says "failed to start", I read that is because I have an intel cpu.

I will go through your guide and do everything it tells me to do and see if that works.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Quote:

View Post

If I try to overclock from 725/1000 to 850/1200 My card fails before vantage even starts...this was happening yesterday, but completely freezing the comp. I even had to install a different card at one point just so I could boot into windows.

this is what happens when you overclock past what your voltage can handle, and i fyou were using evga precision/riva tuner w/ load windows with these overclock settings then that is why you couldn't boot, never test your overclocks with booting at these settings incase if you CRASH

also cup a 2.66ghz could explain why your vantage scores aren't as high, try 4.0ghz

1 - 20 of 27 Posts