Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
As a little warning, I bet most of the people who will post in this thread will be doing so out of their own guesses, rather than knowledge. Few people have two otherwise similar monitors that vary in refresh rate, so most won't be able to tell you a definitive answer, with the actual monitor quality more important in their case. I'd look at the monitor reviews sections of large sites such as bit-tech, as they will compare the monitors to their favourites. Specs are (for the most part) irrelevant with monitors.

If you're thinking of paying a premium you'd do much better getting a nice S-IPS or other high quality panel rather than looking at specs alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
^what Cepheus said

Go for quality of the panel technology, rather than whatever they decide to say is the response time. There is no standard and many low end panels use grey to grey and have low scores.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really dont care about the quality i just need to know if 5ms is different from 8ms in gaming.
i just want to know if there would be a difference between those 2 reponse times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaker123 View Post
i really dont care about the quality i just need to know if 5ms is different from 8ms in gaming.
i just want to know if there would be a difference between those 2 reponse times.
Not as different as IPS is from TN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,986 Posts
not that much of a difference
i was up until recently (month ago) gaming on 8ms monitor, it's just fine, can't really tell the difference, it's all just a load of mumbo jumbo to make you pay more

no,really, ok there is difference,but as people before me said allready, look for quality monitor,and then specs, there can be a monitor which has 5ms and is perfect and there can be another one also 5ms which makes "ghosting" either white or black ghosting...
look for reviews on specific monitor you are interested, otherwise, no, difference between 8ms and 5ms shouldn't worry you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
not that much of a difference
i was up until recently (month ago) gaming on 8ms monitor, it's just fine, can't really tell the difference, it's all just a load of mumbo jumbo to make you pay more

no,really, ok there is difference,but as people before me said allready, look for quality monitor,and then specs, there can be a monitor which has 5ms and is perfect and there can be another one also 5ms which makes "ghosting" either white or black ghosting...
look for reviews on specific monitor you are interested, otherwise, no, difference between 8ms and 5ms shouldn't worry you.
Even worse, with really fast response time, inverse ghosting (where the frame updates prematurely).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,986 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
Even worse, with really fast response time, inverse ghosting (where the frame updates prematurely).
yes, i meant that by:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
not that much of a difference
there can be a monitor which has 5ms and is perfect and there can be another one also 5ms which makes "ghosting" either white or black ghosting...
since one is manifested as white and other as black
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top