Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my lady friend is wanting to get a new computer so i was trying to price the cheapest desktop, but still worth the money
i originally had a Micro ATX build with an i3 3220 and an HD 7770 with a corsair 350D case
so now im trying amd
on another site i was told to ditch the PSU and go with a Bronze. i seriously think that is a bad idea considering the PSU in this list is built like a Tank because its done by super flower so im paying for its quality
but this is what i came up with
the total is $584 so that leaves room for a 212 Evo

here was the previous build. being $604

in general i feel this build is better because of the quality and also she is getting a graphics card that not expensive she will be playing games like League of Legends/Dota2. Portal 2 and other not as demanding games. so i feel anything higher would be a waste of resources

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you are not an intel fanboy, then I would definitely consider an AM3+ platform. The 6300, is an excellent overclocker, does well with multi-threaded games or pc optimized games, and multi tasking.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakoni47 View Post

If you are not an intel fanboy, then I would definitely consider an AM3+ platform. The 6300, is an excellent overclocker, does well with multi-threaded games or pc optimized games, and multi tasking.
can you recommend a motherboard or Is my choice good

I keep seeing a lot of times the biOs doesnt come updated already so you can't use the FX processor

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AN HD 7950 XD someone who plays free2play games wont need that
anyway i found a combo on the M5a97 and the FX 6300 so the total Dropped to 575
though i still think she will be fine the the 7770. ill just keep the 7850 though unless she wants to save that extra #50
though those 3 free games are nice. Ill save the image and let her know

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I didnt read that part but ask her about it cause that would be great so you can guide them into modern gaming plus with the curve coming soon with PS4/Xbox One so more power is nice

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestailsprowe View Post

I didnt read that part but ask her about it cause that would be great so you can guide them into modern gaming plus with the curve coming soon with PS4/Xbox One so more power is nice
yeah haha
all we really play is League of Legends at the time being XD

Total is $563 using the Team Elite Ram
and $509 with the HD 7770 XD

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
I would highly recommend the Biostar TA970 over the 970A-G46. Biostar typically offers a higher reliability record, esp. among us enthusiasts.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or the m5a97 rev 2. Because I get a deal off the FX

·
Super Moderator
9,195 Posts
I maxed out Portal 2 @ 1080p with my setup, which is extremely similar to your proposed AMD build (but with an SSD and some other stuff that bumped up the cost a lot). No (noticeable) framerate drops whatsoever. There really is no reason to go with Intel for low-end builds (Pentium, i3) just as there's (currently) no reason to go AMD for high-end builds. Go with the first AMD build, and buy THIS if you're buying stuff right now. More RAM and less money spent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts