Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new case for a month and was waiting for the Arc Midi but Newegg now has deals on corsair cases. The 650D is $150 after rebate while the 600T is $125. Fractal's Arc Midi is going to launch at $110 but with the high shipping costs that the other fractal cases have, the 600T might just actually be a bit cheaper. All 3 cases do what I want them to do and seem to be future proof. What are the major differences between the 600T and the 650D and is it enough to warrant an extra $25?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I would wait for Fractal's Arc Midi personally, just going off of its specs its cooling potential should be supreme to that of the 650D. The 650D has somewhat limited GPU cooling ability due to no side panel fan options.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningrave101;14207056
I would wait for Fractal's Arc Midi personally, just going off of its specs its cooling potential should be supreme to that of the 650D. The 650D has somewhat limited GPU cooling ability due to no side panel fan options.
Corsair annoucned a Side mesh panel for August. It will mount four 120mm fans.

OR, get a full panel from the Corsair site, an acrylic panel and 120mm fan template. Then make your very own vented side panel.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The 600t can hold a 360 rad at the top with some modding and the phobya 480 extreme in the front with more modding, you do lose a few 5.25in bays but you can't say the 600t has fewer watercooling options..

·
Registered
772 Posts
The 600t has a 4 channel fan controller while the 650d has an hdd hotswap dock.

Not I big difference between the two chassis...

600T_openside.jpg

corsair_obsidian_650d_2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningrave101;14207056
The 650D has somewhat limited GPU cooling ability due to no side panel fan options.
Corsair is releasing both a window and mesh side panel for the 600T, so gpu cooling will no longer be an issue.

dscn0322y.jpg

·
MegaTechPC
19,220 Posts
I happen to think the 600T is the best looking case you can buy right now (especially in white). Its also incredibly easy to work in but so is the 650D. I would just go with the one you like better because they are very comparable as far as features go....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For those saying it's overpriced. The arc midi will cost $110 and fractal's current cases have high shipping, so I'll add an additional $15 to that $110, making it $125. Along with that I'd buy a 180mm fan for use on the top and on newegg the best 180mm fan is $30 with $4 shipping, making the entire purchase be $159. If I were to get the other and worse quality 180mm fan from newegg, It would make the entire purchase price be $153. For a bit less, I could get the 650D which comes with 2 200mm fans instead of the 2 140mm with 1 180mm that the arc midi would use.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Have you taken into account how utterly useless Corsair's 200mm fans are? And we aren't just looking at Fractal and Corsair, there are many cases that offer better airflow, look just as good and cost less.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRx;14215845
For those saying it's overpriced. The arc midi will cost $110 and fractal's current cases have high shipping, so I'll add an additional $15 to that $110, making it $125. Along with that I'd buy a 180mm fan for use on the top and on newegg the best 180mm fan is $30 with $4 shipping, making the entire purchase be $159. If I were to get the other and worse quality 180mm fan from newegg, It would make the entire purchase price be $153. For a bit less, I could get the 650D which comes with 2 200mm fans instead of the 2 140mm with 1 180mm that the arc midi would use.
The arc midi costs $110 base and comes with 1 120mm and 2 140mm's. To fully equip it with fans you could get 3 more 140mm's (one for the front, one for the top, and one for either the bottom or side) which cost around $9 each, such as the white nzxt ones on amazon with free shipping. Total price: $153 (including shipping) Cooling: great, and you still have the flexibility to add 2 more 140mm's or 1 140mm and 1 180mm.

The 650d costs $190, granted there is a rebate now which would make it $170, but who knows what rebates the arc will have. It comes with 2 semi-decent 200mm fans and 1 120mm. Sadly there aren't Total price $190 Cooling: decent with barely any flexibility

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are right and I'm thinking about just waiting for the midi but then newegg put this newer 600t up for $140 after rebate. Combining that with these 4 120mm fans would get me some great cooling. Do you think that this is worth it or should I just wait for the midi?

·
Registered
269 Posts
No doubt 600T is very good in aesthetics and it please your eyes everytime you look at it. But, once you need decent airflow, you'll need to do mod here and there and adding or swap fans to make it better in airflow. I give up recently, and by the end of this month I will move to a better "home" -->> Fortress FT02.

If you don't mind the airflow and very much like appearance, just go for the 600T white edition. The most beautiful Corsair case I've ever seen..
cheers.gif

·
OCN vet
1,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.androider;14229239
If you don't mind the airflow and very much like appearance, just go for the 600T white edition. The most beautiful Corsair case I've ever seen..
cheers.gif
That is right. My gf wants to get me something and i have the 600t in mind, although im a little dissappointed to hear that corsair's 200mm fans are not good.

This is the only case apart from the NZXT Phantom (which has a somewhat similar sotrmtrooper look) that i actually like aesthetically

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I would have settled on the storm sniper but I like my cases to look more professional and "plain," as it were. So I've decided to continue waiting for the arc midi and who knows how long this will take.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd051;14229456
can we add in the tj07 to this ?
Its made specifically for water, nothing else. Not suitable for air, and its also very outdated with little to no features.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.