Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Awesome deal! If you don't have an SSD yet now is the time!

·
Tinkers With Rigs
1,154 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by m33pm33p
View Post

Think...Im gonna....bite.

Do it! You won't be disappointed in SSD.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
the new vertex 2s should come with the conversion bracket (at least mine did)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I'm not sure why you guys are so excited, the dollar/gb ratio on this isn't that great, not to mention the 90gb and 120gb drives are killing this one for value.

If you were only looking for a boot drive this isn't bad, as it doesn't cost much relatively. I'd wait until it was closer to $90 though, as I got a 60gb agility (1) for $75, and 90gb ssd goodness can be had for ~130-140

black friday=$1.5/gb but by all means, buy now. fewer people I have to compete with next month

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldhag View Post
this one is better than ocz agility 2?
Yes, the Vertex line is a step above the agilitys, same controller and Read/Write speeds, though. (I/O)/s or IOPS are different, the agility 2 performs about 10k IOPS, and the Vertex 2 is 40k or 50k, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I would venture to guess that it is unlikely that you will notice the difference if you are asking, though.

EDIT: congrats on your fourth post in half a year!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nytehawk View Post
Yes, the Vertex line is a step above the agilitys, same controller and Read/Write speeds, though. (I/O)/s or IOPS are different, the agility 2 performs about 10k IOPS, and the Vertex 2 is 40k or 50k, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I would venture to guess that it is unlikely that you will notice the difference if you are asking, though.

Pretty sure you are correct Sir, only difference is what you mentioned.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nytehawk View Post

seems that u have some kind of proplem with that

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pistons50 View Post
Rebates are making me mad lately. Somehow my last one got declined for 50 bucks. Great price though.
Did you call to find out why?

They sometimes "misplace" things.... or will make exceptions.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts