Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is 62 C idle bad for a 6800 gt. and how far can i push it on load? i havent overclocked it yet but i was just wonderin...

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

That's a little warm, mid 50's is normal, keep it under 70-75 for load is what I'd say.

ok sweet

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, those are pretty normal temps...just put more ventilation by it and u can oc way more

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

yeah, those are pretty normal temps...just put more ventilation by it and u can oc way more

i have a fan blowin on it from side panel and 2 pci slots directly under it opened. how could i get more ventilation than that?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
dang...that much and still 62...hmm now thats wierd. i got 52* with a pci fan card

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

i have a fan blowin on it from side panel and 2 pci slots directly under it opened. how could i get more ventilation than that?

If you have some AS5 laying around you could remove the heatsink, wipe that crap off, apply AS5 and that should help your load temps quite a bit.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

If you have some AS5 laying around you could remove the heatsink, wipe that crap off, apply AS5 and that should help your load temps quite a bit.

i dont...
i suppose i need a pci fan... and a higher cfm side fan too. when im not so strapped for money good things will hapen

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

Two fans right next to each other will cancel each other out as far as air flow ........they are fighting each other...........try to place a card(i.e. sound,ethernet) bewteen the fans to allow more flow

Edit: I thought you had 2 pci fans ...my bad

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsLasher

Two fans right next to each other will cancel each other out as far as air flow ........they are fighting each other...........try to place a card(i.e. sound,ethernet) bewteen the fans to allow more flow

Edit: I thought you had 2 pci fans ...my bad

the side fan gets about 28 cfm but it has nowhere to draw air from. a rather crap design in that portion.... have a look for yourself
pictures 1,4,6, and 10 show this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts