Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm building a new comp and was wondering what you guys think. I just ordered a 6600 GT from leadtek and it should be coming soon. I was originally gonna put it in my current comp but now i decided to build a new one. So I'm wondering if I should sell my 6600gt and buy a 6800 gt. Would it be that great of a difference and would it be worth it? It would probably cost me another $150 to get the 6800 gt and I'm not that rich that I can just throw that money into a new vid card. The comp I wanna build will be
A64 3200
MSI Neo 2 Platinum
1 GB DDR400
80GB Seagate HD

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by genjaguar

Well I'm building a new comp and was wondering what you guys think. I just ordered a 6600 GT from leadtek and it should be coming soon. I was originally gonna put it in my current comp but now i decided to build a new one. So I'm wondering if I should sell my 6600gt and buy a 6800 gt. Would it be that great of a difference and would it be worth it? It would probably cost me another $150 to get the 6800 gt and I'm not that rich that I can just throw that money into a new vid card. The comp I wanna build will be
A64 3200
MSI Neo 2 Platinum
1 GB DDR400
80GB Seagate HD

well what do you do on your computer?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Well if the extra $150 dollars is going to be an issue then stay with the 6600gt. It will play all of todays games at good FPS with high settings. But if spending the extra money then exchange it... The 6800GT is about 40% faster.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

I'm mostly playing HL2 now.

if you dont get a 6800gt i will personally do this
!!!!!!
cuz u can OC to ultra speeds like nothin. get a leadtek or gainward

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mostly upgrade my comp every 2-3 years. I was thinking of getting an AGP card now and at my next upgrade get PCI-E. It seems the 6800s are a lot more expensive for PCI-E. Is there any reason I should get PCI-E now?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Not unless you plan to use SLi

A 6800GT is going to be literally about twice as fast as a 6600GT.

yea because the 6800 gt rocks the sox of everything

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just recieved my Leadtek and I'm unsure what to do. It's brand new so I dunno if I should try to sell it and buy a 6800 GT or just stick with it.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

I just recieved my Leadtek and I'm unsure what to do. It's brand new so I dunno if I should try to sell it and buy a 6800 GT or just stick with it.

in 2-3 years a 6600gt will be way out of date. in 2-3 years a 6800gt will be just now gettin way out there. and if u think about it 365x3= 1095 days to compensate for the extra 150-200. i mean that adds up to about nothing. so its worth it to upgrade. 6800 has 16 pipes. 16 pipes! and the 6600gt has 8 i believe so you do the math.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles
in 2-3 years a 6600gt will be way out of date. in 2-3 years a 6800gt will be just now gettin way out there. and if u think about it 365x3= 1095 days to compensate for the extra 150-200. i mean that adds up to about nothing. so its worth it to upgrade. 6800 has 16 pipes. 16 pipes! and the 6600gt has 8 i believe so you do the math.

I agree with waffles

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I should try to sell the card somewhere right? Since it's brand new it should get a pretty good price...

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

So I should try to sell the card somewhere right? Since it's brand new it should get a pretty good price...
ebay dude. or advertise it in ur signature or somethin of that nature

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

You should get a good price but never as much as what you paid because then people would have no interest in buyin from you, they could just get it from a store, with an RMA policy warranty and all that crap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts