·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I know there are good shopping search engines, such as those and www.pricewatch.com too.. but it's hard to find a website that ships to Portugal, which is where I live.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way, remember that I'll be upgrading from an ATI Radeon 9600SE (64-bit) 128mb...

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack

By the way, remember that I'll be upgrading from an ATI Radeon 9600SE (64-bit) 128mb...

Well, your only moving up by 64bits.. which still isn't very good, I say just save a little bit more money and buy a 9800 off of ebay.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the 6600GT would kick the 9800's ass..?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's what I thought. faster RAM + SM 3.0... = a very good graphics card for the price of a 9600XT new (it costs 188€ here).

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

that's what I thought. faster RAM + SM 3.0... = a very good graphics card for the price of a 9600XT new (it costs 188€ here).

128bit memory bus...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you think I should get it, or a 500w PSU first?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
the 6600GT is a good card IMOP, it's what I purchased my self.
I do have a question in my mind thoe. where did the card that was for sale in that link come from?
the only 6600GT agp I have seen that looked like that was a proto type from nvidia them self's as a refrence design, and I did alot of research on these cards b4 purchasing one.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm... now that you mention it, there is no manufacturer's name on the description...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDriver

the 6600GT is a good card IMOP, it's what I purchased my self.
I do have a question in my mind thoe. where did the card that was for sale in that link come from?
the only 6600GT agp I have seen that looked like that was a proto type from nvidia them self's as a refrence design, and I did alot of research on these cards b4 purchasing one.

Direct manufacturer of Nvidia products it looks like to me.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What effect will that have on the product itself? Lower OC capabilities..?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quote:

What effect will that have on the product itself? Lower OC capabilities..?

i think this week...at CompUSA PNY Geforce 6800 Standard are on sale for $199 + rebates. Cheaper than the 6600GT and better too...but PNY isn't the greatest brand

1 - 19 of 19 Posts