Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they are in the same price range so i was wondering which card is better in performance an OC. With the right cooling of course. Bring on the water and TEC

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I'd place my bet on the 6800LE because of its 256-bit memory bus vs the 128-bit bus on the 6600GT. Thought the difference would be quite small.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How small because there is a 50$ differenc between 6800LE and 6600gt so the 6600gt is cheaper and it has SLI and the le doesn't have sli

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well you can only use SLi on a motherboard designed for SLi, so unless you already have intentions of running SLi, I'd get the LE and just overclock the nuts off of it.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
How much is this LE costing you ??? You can get a BFG 6800 (standard 12 pipes) from outpost.com for 250...

And it will beat both of the cards you mentioned.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Light edition meh, go for 6600gt you wont regret it! and at least you'll have the option of getting a new mobo n 2nd card when you've got some more money...

lol, you know it makes sense!

Jag

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
what brand are you looking at?... Ive seen some great reviews on the 6600 gt in terms of performance and overclocking potential

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got da leadtek, needs no explanation

3d performance: core clock frequency - 560mhz
memory clock frequency - 1.02ghz
(overclocked)

not SLI but meh, p.s. light editions always suck!

Jag

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRioT
for future references

LE=lame edition
SE=sucky edition

pretty much what they mean litereally.
In case of 9800se the SE wasn't sucky edition as you can softmod it and I always thought that SE=slow edition I'm getting the leadtek 6600GT or gigabyte 6800le

1 - 10 of 10 Posts