Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get my 6600k to hit 4.7 @ 1.421v. Temps never exceed 60c when stressing with AIDA64 or CPU-ID (I refuse to run P95 as it is not a realistic stress test). So far, after running AIDA64 for 2 hours, it has remained 100% stable. I would like to get it to 4.8ghz but it seems the lowest voltage I can go to keep it stable is 1.488 which many are saying is too high, even though the temps never exceed 70c.
Here is a link to my CPUID validation: http://valid.x86.fr/tqy8at
Any advice on specific BIOS settings that may make it more stable @ 4.8 while keeping it at 1.42v?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikodeemus View Post

I managed to get my 6600k to hit 4.7 @ 1.421v. Temps never exceed 60c when stressing with AIDA64 or CPU-ID (I refuse to run P95 as it is not a realistic stress test). So far, after running AIDA64 for 2 hours, it has remained 100% stable. I would like to get it to 4.8ghz but it seems the lowest voltage I can go to keep it stable is 1.488 which many are saying is too high, even though the temps never exceed 70c.
Here is a link to my CPUID validation: http://valid.x86.fr/tqy8at
Any advice on specific BIOS settings that may make it more stable @ 4.8 while keeping it at 1.42v?
compared to other stress tests, Aida 64 does not push the CPU very far.

I used it at first and I even managed to pass a 2 hour stress test with 4.7 Ghz and 1.328 Vcore. The only problem was that i was still getting a lot of BSOD's while gaming and even browsing the internet.

Turns out Aida 64 doesn't stress the CPU enough to guarantee your voltage is stable for daily use.

The X264 Custom Loop used in the skylake overclocking guide puts a load that is both a bit heavier and more realistic without having to push the voltage too high.

Personally, I generally run a quick 10 minutes OCCT to see if my OC has the potential to be stable. If it does, I drop the voltage until it doesn't and boot with the lowest "stable" voltage.
Then i Go for 30 Loops of X264. I've never had any problem with overclocks that passed those two tests

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have actually started to see this. I ran AIDA64 for 5 hours with no errors, crashes or freeze ups. Then I loaded The Division (very CPU intensive game) and played for 2 hours without issue. Afterwards I was simply browsing the wb and boom, BSOD kernel error.
I'll start testing with X264, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts