Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys have a problem wondering if anyone could help please?

all other games loaded on hdd such as call of duty 2 doom 3 zero hour all play fine no problems,but when starting up sims 2 there are a lot of white lines all over the screen same on my other lads machine,but on mine it works fine i have an fx5700 agp.

any help would be great
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,206 Posts
What card manufacturer are you using? My eVGA card came with a disk with old drivers on it. If you used your disk, you might have problems. My card artifacted like hell when I used the included drivers. As soon as I dowloaded the latest ones off of nVidia, I was fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by laboitenoire

What card manufacturer are you using? My eVGA card came with a disk with old drivers on it. If you used your disk, you might have problems. My card artifacted like hell when I used the included drivers. As soon as I dowloaded the latest ones off of nVidia, I was fine.

i have installed the 81.98 drivers from nvidia still the same problem
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,206 Posts
Maybe Sims doesn't like your card. I don't play it, so I can't be of further help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as i said i have an fx5700 and it plays just fine on mine.
oh also i have NOT overclocked this 6600le card at all
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by utdfederation

as i said i have an fx5700 and it plays just fine on mine.
oh also i have NOT overclocked this 6600le card at all

Try to rma the card. there might be a hardware problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rma?

i am about to put the fx5700 card in his machine and try that and put the 6600le in mine and see if it is the card,should'nt be though its only 3 days old both of them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep just as i thought i think the card has had it,tried to play different games and theres just blocking everywhere.
only problem is i bought it off a ebayer so i will have to get in contact with him and either try to get my money back or sort off the warranty
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,976 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by utdfederation

yep just as i thought i think the card has had it,tried to play different games and theres just blocking everywhere.
only problem is i bought it off a ebayer so i will have to get in contact with him and either try to get my money back or sort off the warranty

yea.. RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) it, if you have a serial number on it, and its not more than 3 years old (usually) you should be able to get it replaced without even having to go through the guy you bought it from. What brand is it? eVGA, XFX, BFG, etc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's an xpertvision.
thats what is writen on top of the fan.
so just a quick question what ,where and who do i contact now to get it replaced?if you know this of course,and yes it does have a serial number on it
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top