Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I overclocked my 6700K to 4.6Ghz in the bios, vcore is 1.36 and vccio is 1.10. All other voltages are left at stock. My cooler is corsair h110i GT, fan speeds at 1000rpm (the quiet profile) and pump speed is at maximum.

I get 83 Celcius degrees in x264 stability test and 33-35 degrees when idle. ambient temp is around 22-25c

I think these are a bit high don't you think? I reseated couple of times but the result is the same.

I'm thinking this might be a mounting issue. I mounted the cooler while radiator and motherboard was attached to the case. Should I remove them both and then try? Because I need to bend the hoses a bit to install since my case is a bit small,. The hoses though resist bending a bit so some corners might have more pressure than others.

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,807 Posts
Seems normal. Mine runs hotter than that sometimes. Might try delid.

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
The way H110i GT is designed due to the dense fins and aluminum rad, 1000rpm barely at time is effective.
If you want lower temps, faster fan speeds plus lower ambient temps.

As is those temps are normal.

·
Banned
4,830 Posts
The TJMax on the 6700k is 100C you have at least 17 degrees before you have anything to worry about. Unless of course you are trying to overclock higher than your current frequency, where then I would say use Balanced Mode (1500 rpm). Regardless, try running a game with RealTemp GT running in the background and record the highest temperature (even on Low fan speed settings) guarantee you it is much lower than any stress test, and that you have nothing to worry about.

·
Banned
4,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm considering options.

How much degrees do you think delidding and applying Cool laboratory Liquid Pro TIM under and top of IHS would give me?
You can expect anywhere from 8-15°C drop in temps when delidding. Definitely worth it for those who want to have high overclocks with low fan speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts