Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 6700K with a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 and I'm trying to figure out an issue. I'm at 4.8Ghz at 1.39v and I ran OCCT for 2hrs and all was good but once I try Prime95 within a minute or two I get 1~3 worker fatal errors. I'm not sure why I'm stable with OCCT and not Prime95. Is this an issue or compatibility problem or what?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Don't use prime95. I don't think it's stable to be used at all for skylake CPUs at the moment.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought the board and it was delivered I saw I didn't have the latest BIOS and the newest one says "fixed issue with Prime95" so I'm using that BIOS

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any more input guys? I even tried Realbench for 2hrs without issues. Only seeing 80c as the max recorded. It's just when I run Prime95 I have the issue

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreluiz View Post

Lol "Don't use prime95"
Care to explain why you said that? Anyway, I know what I said was stupid.

@OP What CPU voltage and temperature are you reaching hile using prime95? Are you also getting the same issue with v26.6 prime95?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamen50 View Post

Care to explain why you said that? Anyway, I know what I said was stupid.

@OP What CPU voltage and temperature are you reaching hile using prime95? Are you also getting the same issue with v26.6 prime95?
I have a Devil's Canyon and I can say that it can run prime95 (skylake bug), it can use C-state (skylake c7/c8 state bug), it can use any memory of list (skylake memory issues), it can run with HyperThread (sky sky sky...). Many bugs, why Intel not make recall?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts