Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running 2x evga 6800 Ultras in SLI. I had them running properly before and went to format and reinstal windows this morning. Now if I put them in SLI and try to run any games or video apps it runs for about 30 seconds then completely freezes. There are errors in the video when it starts up in SLI before it crashes but not when running a single card. I have tried to switch the cards out and both seem to work fine in either slot by themselves but dont want to work in SLI. Any suggestions to try? I have tried multiple sets of drivers for them with no help. Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by twisted5

I am currently running 2x evga 6800 Ultras in SLI. I had them running properly before and went to format and reinstal windows this morning. Now if I put them in SLI and try to run any games or video apps it runs for about 30 seconds then completely freezes. There are errors in the video when it starts up in SLI before it crashes but not when running a single card. I have tried to switch the cards out and both seem to work fine in either slot by themselves but dont want to work in SLI. Any suggestions to try? I have tried multiple sets of drivers for them with no help. Thanks

Well I would suggest trying to run with only 2 DIMMs and see if your stability improves. I had some issues with 4 DIMMs and SLI on my last "nVidia SLI" chipset motherboard. GL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent changed a thing other than reinstalling windows and I can't remember what versions of drivers etc I was using before. I had this exact setup running just fine before hand. Its all just confusing for it to work then not work

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by twisted5

I havent changed a thing other than reinstalling windows and I can't remember what versions of drivers etc I was using before. I had this exact setup running just fine before hand. Its all just confusing for it to work then not work

Well my last system seemed fairly stable and would only crash intermittently when I had the 2 cards in. I found out running memtest86 that with the 2 cards I was getting memory errors in test 8 (no problems with only 1 gfx card tho). All my memory is fine and it turned out to be a motherboard issue. Anyway, that's why I had suggested trying 2 DIMMs.

The only other thing I can think to suggest is reinstalling windows, with the driver slip-streamed into it to see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts