Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know anything about the dmd capability of this card? if i'm playing a full screen game on one montior (assuming the game isn't gonna try and stretch across both screens) can i mouse over to the second monitor and check my posts on overclock.net? do any of you have this particular setup, or seen it?

will having two monitors running slow down my scores and or gaming?

is it a bad idea in general?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
its a great idea, but limited ability.

The dmd capability is more for productivity, not necessarily gaming on one, and surfing on the other.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
set the monitor that you want the game to be displayed on to be your primary monitor, then open OC.net and drag it to the other window.. im not sure if the game will let you drag the curser to the other monitor though sorry...

you can also display your games on your tv with your s video out...
if you dont have svideo on your tv you can buy an adapter

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my tv, unfortunately isn't much bigger than my monitor lol

and you have to beat it sometimes to keep it from turning pink on ya.

but as far as doing lots of things at once, like just needing a bigger desktop in general...this will benefit me alot. *gets down ready to sprint to his closet of monitors as soon as he hears "yes"...keeping an eye on the wall to make sure it doesn't dash out infront of him*

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
i do large converntions and meetings with powerpoint needs and i tend to bring my PC to run the show since it has all my goodies on it

what i do is set up the powerpoint for one screen [actually projector/preview monitor] and play games on the net or play on overclock.net

works like a charm... actually im at work right now

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
If it was possible to do that then your CPU would be lagging up hard just surfing the web so i dont think it woulkd be a good idea

·
Registered
258 Posts
when i had two moniters, and played counter strike i could drag my cursor over to the other screen while that game was "paused" (pressed escape) but as soon as i clicked on anything the game minimised. does anyone know how to stretch the game over both monitors? as this is what i wanted but it wouldnt work

with my new setup ill be having 2 monitors and 2 6800 GTs so is there a way to play a game over both screens??
thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts