Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a geforce 6800 ultra in the summer and have had problems since I got it. At first I just blew off the repeated crashes as software problems but this is 6months after release. *** I still get crashes in EQ when i have particle effects on, HL2 loads 1 in 3 tries. I have up to date BIOS, drivers and NO i don't have agp fastwrite option any other suggestions other than throwing it out the window?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
make sure you COMPLETLEY uninstalled the drivers of your old card. I had major problems with mine because i thought i uninstalled everything but i didnt.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Yeah Justin is right... You really need to clean out old drivers and get rid of all the rubbish they leave behined. Check my sig for the guide on removing all traces of old drivers then do a clean install.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem solved! I had to set the 2D OC to 425 mhz to sit inline w/ the 3D speed of 425 mhz. I also had to use rivatuner to turn of window's fast write, which doesn't disable in the BIOS if I even had it. I STILL am disappointed that it took this much extra to get a card to work again but w/e it works now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.