Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran a few quick benchmarks against each other clock for clock. Ran at 4.2ghz because thats the limit for the 5820k.

Don't ask how I got it either
thumb.gif






6850k is very thin.


5820k is thick.




FSE 6850k http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11872280?

FSE 5820k http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8350352

6850k


5820k


Will try to max the 6850k out later this week when I have time.
 

·
Not New to OCN
Joined
·
1,759 Posts
Those temps look nice, what are you using for cooling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cooler is Intel 120mm BXTS13X.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,053 Posts
Holy crap! Awesome physics score from 12 threads!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also just a few quick thoughts.

The small ledge on each side of the heatspreader makes it very easy to grasp the cpu when installing in socket or picking it up.

The over all thickness of 6850k is about .02 mm thicker than 5820k, but I don't see an issue with most 2011v3 coolers being mounted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUSH View Post

Holy crap! Awesome physics score from 12 threads!
Yeah, can't wait for you guys with 10 core.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebufenator View Post

6850 have slower RAM?
Im not sure?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebufenator View Post

6850 have slower RAM?
If you look at the screenshots, he made all the settings the same. 4.2GHz core, 3.3GHz Cache, 2666MHz RAM (4x4GB 13-14-14-39 2T 347 TFRC). Only thing I see different is 6850k is 0.02v lower VID (1.2v 5820k vs 1.18v 6850k). All the performance increase you see is from better IPC.

BTW, @Maintenance Bot, consider sending a debug file to the hwinfo64's author. He's very active with the users in his forum on his website and will integrate fixes for problems quite quick. I noticed the 6850k is detecting as a xeon in your hwinfo. He'll be able to fix that with a new debug file generated from hwinfo
 

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
Joined
·
10,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateneth View Post

If you look at the screenshots, he made all the settings the same. 4.2GHz core, 3.3GHz Cache, 2666MHz RAM (4x4GB 13-14-14-39 2T 347 TFRC). Only thing I see different is 6850k is 0.02v lower VID (1.2v 5820k vs 1.18v 6850k). All the performance increase you see is from better IPC.
Actually, CL is different between the two, with the 5820K being at CL12, and the 6850k at CL13.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Actually, CL is different between the two, with the 5820K being at CL12, and the 6850k at CL13.
Ah, well, then thats an even larger performance gap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateneth View Post

BTW, @Maintenance Bot, consider sending a debug file to the hwinfo64's author. He's very active with the users in his forum on his website and will integrate fixes for problems quite quick. I noticed the 6850k is detecting as a xeon in your hwinfo. He'll be able to fix that with a new debug file generated from hwinfo
Hey thanks
thumb.gif
, will do.
 

·
Crayon Evangelist
Joined
·
7,756 Posts
Respectable little bump. Interested to see how high you get the new chip overclocked, and how close you can keep the cache to the core. Also really interested in how the IMC compares. The IPC gain alone I dont think is enough to send me driving out to replace my 5820k, but if it clocks higher, with tighter cache, and better DDR4 speeds, then overall the performance attainable might be worth it.

+ Rep for sharing.

You're a good man Charlie Brown!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,633 Posts
results look pretty good for Broadwell-E.

I am excited for 6800K vs 6700K gaming benchmarks. Let's hope we don't have to wait too long for good benchmarks from reputable sites that test them well
 

·
Not a Fan
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
I thought I read that stock RAM speed was 2400 for BW-E vs 2133 for HW-E, so hoping to see nice memory OC on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,321 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for this.
 
1 - 20 of 355 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top