Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well, to start off, my main goal is to have at least 3 monitors for gaming. (4x AA) I'm looking into buying a new rig, and I'm torn between the three. I'd like to have NVidia 3D vision, but it's not completely necessary. I've been reading up on all of these topics you guys have, and any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGustopher
View Post

Right. Will it be supporting of a nVidia 3D Vision Surround setup?

Yes it will. 570 SLI is clearly the best option as it is the best performing card in a single-card scenario of the three. Two of them...well...you can figure that out.

·
OG AMD
8,964 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yes it does.As far as performance,the AMD 6970 and GTX 570 are really close,even in dual-card set-up,they both scale almost 100%.The real deal right now however is the AMD 6950-which can unlock to a 6970.The NVidia does run cooler and quieter.The AMD has more connection options(5 per card).As far as driver performance-so far they both are pretty good considering they are new.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwoodz
View Post

Yes it does.As far as performance,the AMD 6970 and GTX 570 are really close,even in dual-card set-up,they both scale almost 100%.The real deal right now however is the AMD 6950-which can unlock to a 6970.The NVidia does run cooler and quieter.The AMD has more connection options(5 per card).As far as driver performance-so far they both are pretty good considering they are new.

Except he said 6870.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Quote:

View Post

1 570 can do just 3D Vision, 2+ 570s can do Surround (3D and non-3D). Since you're gonna go SLi, it'll be fine. Out of 470 and 570, I would pick 570. But I do not know how 570 SLi compares to 6870 CrossFireX ..

·
OG AMD
8,964 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jNSK
View Post

Yes it will. 570 SLI is clearly the best option as it is the best performing card in a single-card scenario of the three. Two of them...well...you can figure that out.

That isn't quite so cut-and-dry when you start adding scaling and multiple monitors.Here is a few recent benches
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
SOURCE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwoodz
View Post

That isn't quite so cut-and-dry when you start adding scaling and multiple monitors.Here is a few recent benches

That's all well and good, however those links are comparing the 69xx series to the GTX500 series. The OP is asking about a 6870 versus a 570. Thus it makes the 570 a clear winner. If he had said the 6970, Id say flip a coin and buy which ever corresponds to the side it landed on.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, thanks for all of your responses!

I'll go with the 570, and, since I'm starting out with 1 3d Vision monitor, I won't buy water blocks for the GPU's.
Redwood's post really made me certain, I've always been an nVidia fanboy.

I wasn't expecting this feedback as this was my first thread, but hey.
Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts