Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amd4200
View Post

I'm starting to here hear that cards are dieing dying from it.

From.. ?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amd4200
View Post

Grammar nazi? Lol. It's been a long day
A friend told me. Someone said the ram is different?

well do a stability test that uses all the memory and if you get any artifacts, lower the memory

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
I wouldn't classify one guy with 4 posts on OCN and no external link to back up the claims made as a reliable source of information. Please show proof before continuing to spread potentially false rumors.

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you look at the original Poweruptech article with the unlock instructions, you can see the poll. 6/137 Sapphire users have cards that they flashed to 6970 but don't work when flashed. I actually have the same problem - one or both of my cards just won't work with that BIOS. I downlocked the memory to 1325 or 1350 and it worked fine in Heaven benchmark. Then I opened Netflix fullscreen and ***** went crazy. Wouldn't boot up again without constantly crashing in a loop until I went to safemode and used Driversweeper to kill the drivers so that I could boot normally and flash the cards to 6950+unlock shaders only BIOS.

So yeah, I don't think it's that far-fetched that a small percentage of cards could get damaged.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beers
View Post

I wouldn't classify one guy with 4 posts on OCN and no external link to back up the claims made as a reliable source of information. Please show proof before continuing to spread potentially false rumors.

?? I'm not trying to spread false rumors..... I'm just asking if It's possible that it could mess up my card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts