Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

In order to keep signatures unobtrusive as well as making Threads/Posts looking as neat as possible to readers, we will soon be once again enforcing a 7 line signature rule at font size 2. We would ask that all of you who have a large signature to reduce this down to 7 lines as when we enforce this change, anything over the 7 line limit will be lost and we would not want anyone to lose anything that could be saved.

Please note that spaces between lines will still be counted towards your 7 line maximum. For example.

Full utilization

1.Welcome to Overclock.net
2.Welcome to Overclock.net
3.Welcome to Overclock.net
4.Welcome to Overclock.net
5.Welcome to Overclock.net
6.Welcome to Overclock.net
7.Welcome to Overclock.net

Full utilization with spaces

All the best,
Overclock.net Management

·
Overclocker in training
13,932 Posts
Hi,
Hopefully limiting the font size too :)

You are using more than 7 lines :p

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
What if we use spoilers so our signature defaults to being seven or fewer lines, but with the spoilers open, they are longer?

·
Overclocker in training
13,932 Posts
Hi,
I'm guessing the folding... and chimp challenge... links are excluded from this limit ?

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Hello all,

In order to keep signatures unobtrusive as well as making Threads/Posts looking as neat as possible to readers, we will soon be once again enforcing a 7 line signature rule. We would ask that all of you who have a large signature to reduce this down to 7 lines as when we enforce this change, anything over the 7 line limit will be lost and we would not want anyone to lose anything that could be saved.

Please note that spaces between lines will still be counted towards your 7 line maximum. For example.

Full utilization

All the best,
Overclock.net Management
I ran into a limit a few weeks ago when I was modifying my sig. Had to take Heatripper Threadkiller's parts list out of my sig. It wouldn't save at all if it was over a certain number of lines. Don't know if it was seven or not though.

So yeah, I've been expecting this for a while...

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Good, some signatures are a bit extravagant. 7 lines keeps it within the minimum post height of someone with an avatar and a single line of post content.

Spoilers should count towards more than 1 since they take up more than one line minimized. Whatever the actual height of the spoiler tag is minimized.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Hi,
I'm guessing the folding... and chimp challenge... links are excluded from this limit ?
Those are added manually and not a part of the user-defined sig, so they are excluded.

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What if we use spoilers so our signature defaults to being seven or fewer lines, but with the spoilers open, they are longer?
You can use spoilers for sure, as long as the spoilers you use stay within the 7 line limit then you are good.

Hi,
Those are user awards (Which will show up properly soon) and do not count towards the limit.

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
Since this is somewhat related, can we have more spacing between the end of the post and the line divider?
Agreed. A bit more space (maybe just one line) but for shorter posts, the signature should justify to the bottom of the post 'box' since there is a minimum height based on the left avatar area.

·
Overclocker in training
13,932 Posts
You can use spoilers for sure, as long as the spoilers you use stay within the 7 line limit then you are good.

Those are user awards (Which will show up properly soon) and do not count towards the limit.
Hi,
Thanks I noticed for example your space between the text links and the award links is about 4-5 spaces is that what will be fixed as in no spaces between the the two ?
Seems silly to have so many empty spaces between the two :/

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
I truncated mine. ( had everything in SPOILER)

Any way to get back the sig rigs and the postbits? I'd like a link to BOINC / hwbot

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,800 Posts
People wouldn't have huge signatures if sig rigs functioned and they didn't have to add multiple lines to spec out their systems :)

·
Overclocked
2,003 Posts
Speaking of signatures why does my 5Ghz 24/7 overclock banner not show up properly? What am I doing wrong?

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People wouldn't have huge signatures if sig rigs functioned and they didn't have to add multiple lines to spec out their systems :)
Sig Rigs are incoming, just found a couple of tweaks that need to be made before release.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
I truncated mine. ( had everything in SPOILER)

Any way to get back the sig rigs and the postbits? I'd like a link to BOINC / hwbot
Agreed. The postbits were a really REALLY nice feature to have.

EDIT: Having a link to where one can actually change this would be nice, since it isn't exactly the easiest to find compared to the old forum UI.

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed. The postbits were a really REALLY nice feature to have.

EDIT: Having a link to where one can actually change this would be nice, since it isn't exactly the easiest to find compared to the old forum UI.
Postbits will make a returns :)

·
OC...D
27,884 Posts
Hello all,

In order to keep signatures unobtrusive as well as making Threads/Posts looking as neat as possible to readers, we will soon be once again enforcing a 7 line signature rule. We would ask that all of you who have a large signature to reduce this down to 7 lines as when we enforce this change, anything over the 7 line limit will be lost and we would not want anyone to lose anything that could be saved.

Full utilization

All the best,
Overclock.net Management
Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I count 7 lines in the below... the system keeps saying it is more than 7? :blinksmil
Is it the embedded links??
... trying to "comply".

Attachments

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,521 Posts
I'm assuming that you tried to take out where it reads "Rigs Currently Running:" to bring the signature down from eight lines, so I guess the next step is to take out the bold from the four links. Look at the signature links in the posts just before yours (not the badges section, that is something else) and also in my post, they don't have bold applied.

If they are going by a fixed size that then translates into lines, applying bold to four lines may be going over the limit.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts