Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to use my 32" 720p HDTV with my media center computer, that has a GT430 in it, as well as a HDMI connector. I have tried running it with the hdmi cable but it appears kind of bright, and almost too crisp to the point it hurts my eyes. I can plug it in with the VGA connector and it is fine. I do not know what resolution it is set to, other then its at 720p and whatever default setting is. I use the tv for movies, music, and light web browsing.

Anyone have suggestions on why the hdmi text is harder to read, or is it the settings of the computer? I can get the resolution off the server in a couple hours, but figured I would throw a post up now and see what kind of suggestions I get.

Edit - max resolution is 1366 x 768 , so to run at 720p what should I have it set to?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
what tv are you using, most tv's have settings for the hdmi in there menu and it looks like you need to go in and play with those settings. I had a simular problem with my daughters tv and went into the menu for hdmi on the tv and played with the settings. I then went into windows and played with the settings on the CCC/nvidia panel.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post

what tv are you using, most tv's have settings for the hdmi in there menu and it looks like you need to go in and play with those settings. I had a simular problem with my daughters tv and went into the menu for hdmi on the tv and played with the settings. I then went into windows and played with the settings on the CCC/nvidia panel.
I think tis a Sanyo, just a cheap one from Walmart so I don't expect much from it. I will have to check the HDMI video settings and see what I can change to make it look a little better and easier to read.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts