Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i have an lga 775 3.4 pentium an x800xt video card 1 gig of kingston ram a 550 power supply and a lan li case model 60 and two 74 gig raptors o raid .under load playing halflife 2 deathmatch i top out at 74c. i would like to put a water cooling syatem in i was looking at the Zalman Reserator 1 Fanless Water Cooler .with a danger den tdx cpu block is this a good idea and what kind of temp differance can i expect maybe 15 degrees lower!! thankyou
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
Fanless cooling... analyze those two words for a bit and come back to us

Nah, that resonator thing is a POS from what I hear, not to mention over priced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Fanless cooling... analyze those two words for a bit and come back to us

Nah, that resonator thing is a POS from what I hear, not to mention over priced.

what does pos mean? the zallman looks sooo coool .but yeah im hearing ya
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
POS means Piece of ****

Best bet would be to assemble your own parts from Danger Den/Swiftech. Nice Pump, not sure which is "the one" these days, but a double heatercore, some decent 120mm fans, good block, you'll be nice and cool.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by wamu

ok guys i have an lga 775 3.4 pentium an x800xt video card 1 gig of kingston ram a 550 power supply and a lan li case model 60 and two 74 gig raptors o raid .under load playing halflife 2 deathmatch i top out at 74c. i would like to put a water cooling syatem in i was looking at the Zalman Reserator 1 Fanless Water Cooler .with a danger den tdx cpu block is this a good idea and what kind of temp differance can i expect maybe 15 degrees lower!! thankyou


WOW 74c!!! do you have your system OC'ed at all? thats extremely hot for a pressy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by archer_456

WOW 74c!!! do you have your system OC'ed at all? thats extremely hot for a pressy.

yeah its at 3.58 on a 3.4 cpu but it runs the same temp either way kinda poopy huh??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by archer_456

WOW 74c!!! do you have your system OC'ed at all? thats extremely hot for a pressy.

oh yeah the reason i want to water cool is that sometimes after 15 minuites of smoking enemys in halflife two deathmatch. the dam computer will just lock up and i have to hit the reset button to get my pc going again. the asus probe which i turn on for monitering when i play says 74c it hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ouch ouch ouch take me to the kaiser burn center pleeeaaasssseeee!!! any suggestions ?? the 775 is supposed to run a little hot any way right?? what is the top temp for it. do ya know??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
Maximum temps are like 65C... and LGA775 is actually supposed to run cooler. I've heard people having a lot of trouble getting the stock heatsink on correctly so I'd say you need to remount it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Maximum temps are like 65C... and LGA775 is actually supposed to run cooler. I've heard people having a lot of trouble getting the stock heatsink on correctly so I'd say you need to remount it.

idunno the computer store put it together for me and well maybe they messed up but 80c is what i hear the 775 lga will take before throttling
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

80C is what LGA will take just before cooking is what I hear


so what should i do take the sticky off the hs and put on some artic silver??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
The actual thermal max is about 70C, but stay under 60 to be safe. You would get worse temps with the Reserator than the stock heatsink with that Prescott. Get the DangerDen TDX and a double heatercore. At stock speeds my 3.4 idles at about 32 and loads at 37C. Quite a jump from 70.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lando95

The actual thermal max is about 70C, but stay under 60 to be safe. You would get worse temps with the Reserator than the stock heatsink with that Prescott. Get the DangerDen TDX and a double heatercore. At stock speeds my 3.4 idles at about 32 and loads at 37C. Quite a jump from 70.

well its going to be a couple months afore i can affod the cooling stuff a computer store put it together for me thats were i bought all the parts from the intel cpu has a 3 year warranty they should honor right in case my cpu poops on me??
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top