Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, i lowered my multi to 4x cuz i was bored, and everything felt the same.. my new load temps are now my idle temps, and i still got the same performance out of cs source.. reason?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, that happened to me too on my 3200...for some reason everything is always almost the same...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
HIGHLY efficient processing
Are you sure it's the same? Like got benchmark results to prove it? I've often wondered if Athlon 64s are actually more efficient at lower clock speeds... probably are

·
Registered
712 Posts
entirely possible the multiplier is hard locked and the CPU is just ignoring the BIOS multiplier. run CPU-z

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
sometimes those scores are the best way to show people that just cause it "feels" the same doesnt mean it truly is the same...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

sometimes those scores are the best way to show people that just cause it "feels" the same doesnt mean it truly is the same...

i dunno, i have played cs since 1.3 and i have to say it feels the same lol

reffereing to my first post, i only said it feels the same in gaming. and just regular windows itself.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
riiiiight

regarding your ownage post...

·
Registered
712 Posts
don;t forget that the 64's have two cpu cores... essentially you're running a VERY efficient multi processor system.... which ANY MP system can own windows so...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani

don;t forget that the 64's have two cpu cores... essentially you're running a VERY efficient multi processor system.... which ANY MP system can own windows so...

Not yet they don't

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani

no, amd64 still have 1 CORE. they just have 2 different code execution thingys w/e they are called to execute both 32 and 64

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
and to be honest, I dont doubt it feels the same... it just reminds me of all those people who play games and just randomly guess frame rates and talk about how it feels like this or that and theyre usually totally wrong

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I read somewhere that couterstike and steam are very efficent as gaming platforms, someone running a 600Mhz P3 and 64megs of video can keep up with a high end machine.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
what? 64s dont have 2 cores

at least i dont think so...

EDIT: LOL...omg 7 posts in the same minute!!!

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
No, Athlon 64s still use single core processing, but come the third quarter, dual core units will be introduced

1 - 20 of 34 Posts