Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I just got a 750i from a friend who picked up an i7. I had a p35 chipset so SLI was always out of the question. Now it's not.

So, basically these puppies need two PCI-E power cables each. My PSU is no slouch but it only has two, instead of 4. So are those molex -> PCIE cables the way to go? How should I set this up???

Any input is much appreciated, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by justarealguy
View Post

Hey there, I just got a 750i from a friend who picked up an i7. I had a p35 chipset so SLI was always out of the question. Now it's not.

So, basically these puppies need two PCI-E power cables each. My PSU is no slouch but it only has two, instead of 4. So are those molex -> PCIE cables the way to go? How should I set this up???

Any input is much appreciated, thanks.

Yep just hook up some Molex to PCI-E Power cables and you should be good to go. Do not worry about the power requirements that PSU will do the job great
 

·
Expand Always in Always
Joined
·
4,596 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by lockdownx1x
View Post

Yep just hook up some Molex to PCI-E Power cables and you should be good to go.

Seconded.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: justarealguy

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,415 Posts
Im running my current rig off a HX620. That should satisfy your question, haha. I pull close to 500W full load I think, its been awhile since I tested.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperXX View Post
Im running my current rig off a HX620. That should satisfy your question, haha. I pull close to 500W full load I think, its been awhile since I tested.
I might've put the wrong title up there. I was always confident that my PSU would run it. I just wasn't sure how to set it up, a lot of people say those molex things are no good.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top