• GTX 590
  • Watercooling pump for CPU
  • NZXT Fan controller
  • Sound Blaster PCI card
  • i7 920 running at 4030Mhz @ 1.28V
More details in sig rig.

Thanks guys
redface.gif

edit: I don't plan on overclocking the gtx 590.

·

13,023 Posts
Your Corsair?

Yes then.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It should be, but I think there is little room for error with the other parts in your rig.
It's prolly fine but a good quality 850w is cheap compaired to the $700+ card in it ( 590s are near $1000 AUD here).

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Well, since the 590 blows up when you try and clock it, I suppose warnings about not clocking it are kinda pointless. If/when they fix the clocking issue, then you'll still want to keep it at stock, as you'll be pushing that 750 pretty hard already. You may well be able to push the clocks on it up a little, to the point it equals 570-SLI performance, but no further without a bit bigger of a PSU.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT;13001225
Your Corsair?

Yes then.
Yep, this one.

CA-011-CS_400.jpg

Companies always add extra watts to their minimum watt recommendations as a an extra buffer anyway, right?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by allikat;13001360
Well, since the 590 blows up when you try and clock it, I suppose warnings about not clocking it are kinda pointless. If/when they fix the clocking issue, then you'll still want to keep it at stock, as you'll be pushing that 750 pretty hard already. You may well be able to push the clocks on it up a little, to the point it equals 570-SLI performance, but no further without a bit bigger of a PSU.
I plan on running the card at stock, so no overclocking. It should be fine, right? Can I do any stress tests?

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Sounds like it will be fine then. And not all power supplies (even from people like Corsair) have some spare power you can tap, even when they do, it's not always within the ATX spec, or of the quality you'd want to feed your rig with.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by allikat;13001478
Sounds like it will be fine then. And not all power supplies (even from people like Corsair) have some spare power you can tap, even when they do, it's not always within the ATX spec, or of the quality you'd want to feed your rig with.
Sorry, I meant when video card companies have a recommended PSU requirement, they always inflate the number so it gives the users a little extra room just in case. Is that how they do it? Or are they greedy and want to sell as many video cards as they can without caring about the safety and stability of the customers computers?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey;13001668
Sorry, I meant when video card companies have a recommended PSU requirement, they always inflate the number so it gives the users a little extra room just in case. Is that how they do it? Or are they greedy and want to sell as many video cards as they can without caring about the safety and stability of the customers computers?
Yea they tho.

If GPU asks for 600 watt PSU, it's asking for a crappy generic 600 watt PSU.

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey;13001707
In your opinion, can I run a ton of stress tests on it? Like Furmark and Linx simultaneously?
Uhhh I wouldn't run any proper tests that bypass the OCD of the GTX590 hun.
Furmark is fine, GTX5xx seem to underclock or something to make it look like they have low load temps in this program. If I was you I would just go for a GTX580 or HD6990 if you really was a x2GPU. GTX580 can max everything out there now. By the time you would need to SLi the prices would be a lot lower.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey;13001198
  • 3 Hard drives
  • GTX 590
  • Watercooling pump for CPU
  • NZXT Fan controller
  • Sound Blaster PCI card
  • i7 920 running at 4030Mhz @ 1.28V
More details in sig rig.

Thanks guys
redface.gif

edit: I don't plan on overclocking the gtx 590.
Theres alot of money on here $1000 card

[Edit] Maybe you should look at the Gigabyte HD6990 @ 4Gbs Dual cores just like the 590 with a memory clock of 5000Mhz cheaper then the 590 aswell - http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1200&products_id=16889

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
The TX750 is quite a pretty solid unit. Is yours the new model?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
A TX750 is fine for one GTX590/6990. Running LinX/Furmark together would be fine, aswell.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts