Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 3 sets of sliders in ATI Tool for 2D, 3D Low, and 3D Perf, so should I OC the same for all of them or only oc 3D Perf, or what? Also what are the average OC's for this card? I just want some light oc'ing, don't want to kill this card.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,312 Posts
if you have temp problems, only overclock the performance 3D, if your temps are fime, do all 3. I have the 7600GT(same core, different ram) and without a vmod, i got around 640Mhz and with a vmod i got to 730Mhz...i wouldnt know about the ram tho
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris4ka View Post
There are 3 sets of sliders in ATI Tool for 2D, 3D Low, and 3D Perf, so should I OC the same for all of them or only oc 3D Perf, or what? Also what are the average OC's for this card? I just want some light oc'ing, don't want to kill this card.
You're mainly concerned with Perf 3D, some people like linking the sliders when oc'ing. Mainly if your card has issues switching modes.
IDK what kind of clocks to expect for your card, sry

Good Luck, go slow, watch your temps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,312 Posts
Quote:
Oh and also my temps go to 75C at load, and are at 55-58C at idle, so am I fine to OC?
thats a tad high, but as long as your not voltmodding, you are fine
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
Oh tough case to mod. You need to get the hot air out of the case.
Is the CPU passive or does it have the shroud with the fan?
lol look one post above yours, it's passive, but I have a side window with an 80mm fan blowing at it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
The CPU passively cooled?
Oh wait sorry I thought you said GPU, the CPU has a passive heatsink with an intake fan mounted where the exhaust is in normal cases in the back, with a shroud going to the cpu.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris4ka View Post
Oh wait sorry I thought you said GPU, the CPU has a passive heatsink with an intake fan mounted where the exhaust is in normal cases in the back, with a shroud going to the cpu.

Ditch the shroud, zip-tie a 92mm fan to the the HS and get a higher CFM exhaust fan. Turn the fan around so it's exhausting once you zip a fan to the HS.
Also look at getting another intake fan other then the 80mm.
Did you mod the side panel?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
Ditch the shroud, zip-tie a 92mm fan to the the HS and get a higher CFM exhaust fan. Turn the fan around so it's exhausting once you zip a fan to the HS.
Also look at getting another intake fan other then the 80mm.
Did you mod the side panel?
I'm trying to keep the case as quiet as possible, but if I can get my hands on some fans I'll try that. And yes the side panel is window modded. Here's some pics: http://www.overclock.net/gallery/sho...0/ppuser/20922 Actually those 2 pics of inside the case are with my old gfx card and ram.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,203 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Boris4ka
View Post

I'm trying to keep the case as quiet as possible, but if I can get my hands on some fans I'll try that. And yes the side panel is window modded. Here's some pics: http://www.overclock.net/gallery/sho...0/ppuser/20922


Hmm quiet, lol you have a Prescott and a passively cooled GFX.
You need some cooling my friend.
Seriously, I would lose the shroud, turn the fan around so it exhausts and zip a quiet 80mm to the HS, no 92mm if you want less noise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Try these settings

2D-500
3d low-500
3d High-600
and memory at 300 all the way across.

That is the max I could get mine without Vmodding. Mine runs at 39 idle and about 47 under load. My monster of a CPU cooler also blows on the back of my GPU and I have a small exhaust fan under it but thats the only other cooling I have for it. You'll def. need better cooling though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by rex4223
View Post

Try these settings

2D-500
3d low-500
3d High-600
and memory at 300 all the way across.

That is the max I could get mine without Vmodding. Mine runs at 39 idle and about 47 under load. My monster of a CPU cooler also blows on the back of my GPU and I have a small exhaust fan under it but thats the only other cooling I have for it. You'll def. need better cooling though.

But memory is 350 stock, why would you want to lower it? And I can't get the core past 550, it artifacts and a few seconds later freezes, but doesn't get above 80C.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top