Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Squealllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllll

It's driving me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aad
2 of them on my 295 is absolutely unbearable, I can't stand being in the same room.
Even my dog is becoming agitated.

Sample

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
I don't have the squeal on any of my cards.... I must be really lucky. You should record some audio or video of the squeal. I really want to here what it is like.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Is it kind of like nails on a chalk board? But higher pitch?

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
I got so many of these last night, thankfully my card doesn't squeal

EDIT: I lied, I just listened closely and it does, can't hear it above my case fans though

Oh and how much PPD are you guys getting on this WU?

·
Premium Member
25,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS
View Post

I got so many of these last night, thankfully my card doesn't squeal

EDIT: I lied, I just listened closely and it does, can't hear it above my case fans though

Oh and how much PPD are you guys getting on this WU?

My case fans are loud, 3x acryans, 1 panaflo, and the 295 fan running at 85%.

8507ppd

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
I've had no squeal ever since i put an aftermarket HSF on my 8800GT. Everyone says it's the capacitors but the HSF i put on seems to make it stop for me. *shrug*

·
Premium Member
10,849 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wierdo124
View Post

I've had no squeal ever since i put an aftermarket HSF on my 8800GT. Everyone says it's the capacitors but the HSF i put on seems to make it stop for me. *shrug*

It's possible the HSF intensifies the acoustics.

Grunion:
Can you link me to it in another format? I don't use quicktime.

·
Premium Member
10,849 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailscott View Post
I have the same squealing sound out of my GTX285, I have gotten use to it. It's like an alarm, If I wake up in the middle of the night and don't hear the squeal I know I ain't folding.
WOAH!!!!

I think I know what you mean now! I heard a alarm type sound comeing from my system yesterday. I was like ***. I thought it was my OC cause I run it on the edge. I dropped the cpu fsb down and it was gone. but then it happened again and I went to drop the Oc again but before I could it stopped.

Wow, I really need to hear this now and see if it's the same sound.

Grunion:
Can you email me the file or link me directly to it?

your other link points to a spot I need a quicktime plug in for and I don't do QT or most plugins.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The 768 point WU's arent making my cards squeal at all, but the 1680's were murder. Im still waiting to hear back from about my RMA. Regardless, that sound is the most annoying thing I have heard in a while, I would wanna smash my rig into some silicon dust particles..

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nfinity View Post
The 768 point WU's arent making my cards squeal at all, but the 1680's were murder. Im still waiting to hear back from about my RMA. Regardless, that sound is the most annoying thing I have heard in a while, I would wanna smash my rig into some silicon dust particles..
Same with me. The 1680s are horrible on my card. I can't stand hearing that squeal.

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion
View Post

Squealllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllll

It's driving me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aad
2 of them on my 295 is absolutely unbearable, I can't stand being in the same room.
Even my dog is becoming agitated.

Sample

that IS annoying.......i had to move all of my rigs to a different room because of the fans......sounds like one of those key fob looking animal deterrent things so i can see why your dog would be irritated by it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts