Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I am running around like a madman trying to find an answer for this question.. I consulted the NVidia 3D Surround wizard but it does not work properly as I can NOT select a 770GTX SLI'd for 3D Surround..

So I am here to try and find an answer. Now I know for a Fact I can MIX and Match connectors with 3D and Projectors. What I am trying to find out does that include if I use 2 770GTX I can use the 2 DVI-I ports and 1 Display port with a Display port to VGA Active Adapter and get 3D surround working??

I currently use a 590GTX which has 3 DVI-I connectors which are fine with the VGA Projectors (Acer X1261P)..

Now With the new 6xx,7xx series cards that ONLY have 1 DVI-I port so I need to get 2 vid cards and I am trying to determine will I be able to use the Display port on the 2nd Card to connect my Proj. and have 3D surround Fully Functional..??

I will be using a Displayport to VGA ACtive Adapter..

I posted this on several boards this will be my last attempt at an answer..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wirerat do you know the difference between the DVI ports on a 6xx,7xx series card??

Well here is a quick rundown.. the ports used on the newer cards are as follows:

1. DVI - D == this is Digital ONLY

2. DVI - I == this is analog and digital in one..

3. HDMI == this is Digital as well

4. Displayport == Digital also...

I have 3 Acer x1261P which uses a D-Sub 15pin VGA Connector.. now I as I see it Only if I use a newer series card will need to utilize the 2 DVI - I ports which I know will work from configuring the TITAN..

What I DONT know is will I be able to use the Display port with an Actvice Displayport to VGA Adapter with 3D surround??

I currently have a 590GTX which has 3 DVI - I connectors and a Mini Display port connector.. I tried using the 2 DVI - I connectors and then tried using the display port adapter but when I went to configure surround it was saying to plug into the OTHER Displayport connector.. Well funny this is a SLI'd card but ONLY 4 Connectors..

I utilize the 3 DVI - I Connectors currently I am just trying to see If I upgraded in a future upgrade to a newer card will I be able to still use these 3 Projectors I just bought in Jan 2014..

This is beyond the scope of those NVidia Configurators..

·
Go Again!
5,871 Posts
Dvi ports can be converted to vga. I have used adapters on customers 7 series and 6 series setups. I have also converted desplay port to hdmi/dvi on same cards.

If u need 3 dvi connections you will have no problems. Displayport converts to that and so does hdmi.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Well yes they Do make active DVI conveters but they can Only pass a 60hz signal I need it to do 120hz.. I need the Displayport to VGA converter which I have and it can pass 120hz signal..

What I don't know if the Displayport when converted will do 3D Surround.. that is NVidia 3D vision with surround..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts