Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am trying to get my Classy to output both dual DVI (works fine) and HDMI. I have two 24" monitors working just fine through DVI-I and the DVI-D output of the GTX, but HDMI out into my AV amp and onto my TV will not play ball. I get no picture at all through my TV. Why is this? It used to have no problems with a single monitor then suddenly stopped working a few months ago. I didn't bother me massively as I got another monitor for multi tasking, but I really want to use a 3rd monitor (the TV) via HDMI to play videos etc so the GF can watch while I work.

Any ideas why it won't work?
smile.gif

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, all Nvidia and display properties display the tv as a 3rd monitor, working just fine, although it's clearly not.

I tried using the 3 monitor vision thing in the Nvidia settings to see if it would somehow force the TV to work. It didn't.

Unfortunately I don't have any other TV that's small or easily accessible to bring to my study to test the HDMI output.

Oh and I've tried two HDMI cables, both of which work on my laptop through the TV and through the AV amp. Which is why I think the card is defective.

·
I fix Stuff
5,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavere View Post

Yes, all Nvidia and display properties display the tv as a 3rd monitor, working just fine, although it's clearly not.

I tried using the 3 monitor vision thing in the Nvidia settings to see if it would somehow force the TV to work. It didn't.

Unfortunately I don't have any other TV that's small or easily accessible to bring to my study to test the HDMI output.
I know it is probably a slight possibility, but i had a client whose machine was detecting the display just fine but also displaying nothing. turned out to be the cable itself. Have a spare laying around to try?

·
I fix Stuff
5,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavere View Post

I did a ninja edit to my last post, I have indeed tried two HDMI cables, both work on my laptop through the same TV and amp combo.
smile.gif
well it was worth a shot. and at least that info is in the thread now
smile.gif
only other thing i can think of is reinstall the graphics driver and do a clean install to ensure it is all there.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
you have labeled example HDMI 1 input = pc cos some tv's needed that i think, because your pc in most cases is designated VGA
thumb.gif

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTheGoober View Post

well it was worth a shot. and at least that info is in the thread now
smile.gif
only other thing i can think of is reinstall the graphics driver and do a clean install to ensure it is all there.
Actually, that's an option I had completely overlooked. I will give that a shot tomorrow when I am home!
thumb.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts