Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the only drawback to my entire system is my shiesty GPU, so I'm looking to buy a 7800 GT, but i am trying to determine what version and what company should i buy from....i'm leaning towards eVGA or XFX, but if anyone has any experience, lemme know what you think would be the best.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
eVGA all the way...you have the bility to get a better one and the CO version does pretty well or high clocks, move it up a little and you've got yourself a GTX in no time

I've heard that other companies and even the vanilla eVGA GT's dont OC very well....so get the one that has the highest clock...I think Newegg has them for $315

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130249

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gotta get an XFX.

I've got a XFX GF6800GT stock is 350/1000

I can get it to sit at 425/1200 stable :] I mean... there's some small artifacts sometimes in certain games, but it's like 10 pixels here and there. So rock on with XFX! eVGA just feels like a sheisty crappy company. Like there's no professionalism in their advertising or display. I'll be buying XFX again

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have 2 XFX 7800GT's. So obviously you know I think they're good, but I don't think you can go wrong with EVGA either. I would have gone with EVGA if I hadn't gone with XFX. The only reasons I chose XFX was because they had the best prices and they seemed to be more professional looking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
EVGA simply because of there customer service and lifetime warranty.
* Lifetime Warranty is for all retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products ending in the part numbers AX, DX, or FX
* There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components
EVGA will repair or replace the defective parts free of charge (no refunds). All you pay is the shipping charge to return the product to EVGA.Please feel free to call EVGA first for any needed support at (888) 881-EVGA (3842) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

THEY stand behind the products they sell, for their value, quality, and reliability
VGA is recognized through customer loyalty and the highest levels in customer satisfaction. They continously work to make sure that each sale results in a customer for life! This is part of the EVGA Difference - known for offering value and performance, as well as top notch customer service..

Don't forget EVGA offers the VGA Industry exclusive Step-Up Program.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
i'm gunna vote evga... great card and great service

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2

i'm gunna vote evga... great card and great service

2nd that. eVGA is a great company.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Quote:

eVGA just feels like a sheisty crappy company. Like there's no professionalism in their advertising or display

how can you say that? you dont need big fancy holographics to make a GREAT card or be a GREAT company, you cant really say that unless you have used one of there products and have something go wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I like my EVGA. I can clock it to 500/1200 with no problems. But with a card this fast you don't need to OC it at all!
My stock clocks are 445/1070 and it runs totaly fine.

·
Registered
586 Posts
evga hands down, faster stock clock speeds and overclocks very well (485/1220 easy with stock cooling) aswell the evga's have the step-up program and the lifetime warranty.

Plus i hate xfx 'cause they're cheap and I used to sell them at futureshop trust me they're cheap cards, but that shouldn't influence your decision.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Korsen

Gotta get an XFX.

I've got a XFX GF6800GT stock is 350/1000

I can get it to sit at 425/1200 stable :] I mean... there's some small artifacts sometimes in certain games, but it's like 10 pixels here and there. So rock on with XFX! eVGA just feels like a sheisty crappy company. Like there's no professionalism in their advertising or display. I'll be buying XFX again

um, evga doesnt' waste money on useless packaging flares (haha unlike xfx's EXTREME X SHAPED PACKING) and stupid bundled games. Unless ofcourse you like paying more for your graphics cards, in that case, bo with xfx/bfg (btw xfx is a much cheaper brand than evga in terms of components used in manufacturing but bfg is okay (a bit pricey tho...)).

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I like my leadtek 7800gt
, i have had a leadtek 6600gt before and it performed well and never missbehaved. Atm i got my 7800gt overclocked to, Core: 471 , Memory: 590. I can probably go higher then 590 on the memory, just haven't had the time to check it's stability above that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts