Overclock.net banner

7800 gt questions

1002 Views 25 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  chadaw2000
with my specs I was hopeing to run alot of games on real high settings which I can for the most part but dont you think I should be able to run need 4 speed most wanted with all settings all the way up including aa. well when I do I get alot of hicups maybe somone can help me out here or do I just have high hopes? also my vid card seems to run a little hot when I open atitools 3d window on stock video card settings I can get up to 71c is that normal? thnak for any comments
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
20,953 Posts
Do you have the stock cooler on the card? If you intend to push the OC, you should invest in a Zalman VF-700 (only the all copper model) or the Artic Cooling Silencer

· OG
1,841 Posts
Ya thats a bit hot,and make sure you have no adware, viruses,run disk cleanup,and defragment your harddrive.Cause with your specs you shouldn't get any lag.

· Premium Member
8,543 Posts
what kind of air flow do you have in your case because it sounds pretty warm at stock, i think mine was running at like 40c stock idle and with wc it idles 31c with 40c load with it oced to 490/1200 but it shouldnt be that much better then yours

· Premium Member
10,943 Posts
hey, that 7800gt seems a bit warm. Mine idles about 40... not really sure about load, but I'm pretty sure it's not that high.

what do you have for cooling in the rest of your system? You might want toinvest in a couple case fans to help get some more airflow through your case. that should help your case temps. (but don't do this if you are unsure if your psu can handle it... see my next point)

one thing to suspect if you aren't getting the performance you think your system should have... your psu. how many amps are on the 12v rail?

· Premium Member
10,943 Posts
there will be a sticker or a stamping somewhere on your psu that will list the rails. you may have to look at the top of the psu...so you might have to take it out of the case.

· Premium Member
10,943 Posts
you definatly need a new psu... that is probably why you are having performance issues w/your system.

you should really look for a high quality 500w+ psu.

some good ones are:
Sunbeam nuuo
Seasonic S12-600

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.