Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,515 Posts
Damn...
I want to know if it will unlock!!!
People are saying that the 7800GS AGP is equal to a unlocked 6800GS, which is not true! Seeing as my 6800GS running on a 6800GT BIOS runs the same as a 6800GT, whereas a 7800GS kicks the crap out of an x850 XT. And my 6800GT blows chunks compared to my old x850 XTPE SM 2.0 performance wise...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Im not sure if this is 100% true as it says its available on compusa and I am unable to find one atm. Maybe just be a tester.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,775 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sheidow

Im not sure if this is 100% true as it says its available on compusa and I am unable to find one atm. Maybe just be a tester.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Seems kind of wierd.

But that thing has great performance!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by alpha732

seems to be about equal to a x850xt, kind of a let down :-/

At stock but not overclocked.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,515 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by alpha732

um x850xt's can oc too o_O he got a ****ty ocer

The highest most people can get their x850XT/XTPE's is around 580/600, I couldent get mine past 540/600 without my screen turning black after a few seconds. It isn't a heat issue, it is a power issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2

The highest most people can get their x850XT/XTPE's is around 580/600, I couldent get mine past 540/600 without my screen turning black after a few seconds. It isn't a heat issue, it is a power issue.

Looking around, average seems to be 560-570, he got 526.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by alpha732

those anandtech results are old as hell, they also showed the 7800gs to be OEM only
And what? As you can see, At stock vs Stock they both performed the same


What stock vs stock? The 7800GS loses to its PCI-E counterpart in doom 3. And it shows the PCI-E as OEM only, because it is. (
)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jori

What stock vs stock? The 7800GS loses to its PCI-E counterpart in doom 3. And it shows the PCI-E as OEM only, because it is. (
)


Im talking about 7800gs vs x850
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
I have to say the the X850XT has been dethroned as king of the AGP market...and this is coming from an ATI owner
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jori

Errr.. Not really.


errr read it again. In 3d03, the 78gs won by a scant 100 points. in 05, it lost by 150. In doom3, an nv biased game it won by 3fps with AA on, in fear it won by 1fps.Keep in mind it was a bfg, clocked higher than referance. I'm willing to say it's a tie. Also, for the $350 the 7800gs costs, you can buy a 7800gt and PCI-E mobo, even better performance than the GS and the same price with a hugely better upgrade path
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,732 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by alpha732

Looking around, average seems to be 560-570, he got 526.

Seems low, I ran my refurbished card at 600/1266 on stock cooling. I can run even higher core with the Zalman installed, but I've lost some memory OC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sccr64472

Seems low, I ran my refurbished card at 600/1266 on stock cooling. I can run even higher core with the Zalman installed, but I've lost some memory OC.

Even more proof
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
a 7800GS seems about on par with my 6800 ultra..i scored 13,550 in 3dmark03 with a little overclock
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top