Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed BIOS flash to 1.5vgpu and it definately works! GPU voltage went up from 1.4 3D to 1.5 3D when measure with a multimeter. Before mod, "Optimal Frequencies" were 496/1.14, after the mod, they are: 516/1.16!!!

I guess somehow the vmem voltage got a bump as well...

I'll check that real fast

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker
Yep, it works, but your still gonna have a few ppl on here tell you that it doesn't work. I had a guanteed performance gain from mine as well

So now it's ATITool stable @ 488/1160 with a 73*C MAX temp in RTHDRIBL...

Pretty good, but I need some better cooling and that will help it out ALOT! However, when I play CS:S or BF2142, my GPU only geta to 60*C mayyyybe, so I might be ok with the stocker

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwolf909
So now it's ATITool stable @ 488/1160 with a 73*C MAX temp in RTHDRIBL...

Pretty good, but I need some better cooling and that will help it out ALOT! However, when I play CS:S or BF2142, my GPU only geta to 60*C mayyyybe, so I might be ok with the stocker

Pfft, enen unmodded you still need a vf-900

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker
Pfft, enen unmodded you still need a vf-900

HAHA...this is true... I'll either pick up a new SI128+FM121 for my CPU or I'll get the VF900/HR03+FM92 for my GPU... What do you think is more worth it?

Dual-Prime CPU = 56*C
MAX rthdrible GPU = 73*C

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Yup, I did it on both of my 7800GT's in SLI in my other rig...

I haven't measured them, but, in SLI, you can't get nearly the OC as you can with a single card..

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrinNutz
Yup, I did it on both of my 7800GT's in SLI in my other rig...

I haven't measured them, but, in SLI, you can't get nearly the OC as you can with a single card..
Well next comes my vmem mod, but that will have to wait til tomorrow or saturday. I'll try to pencil mod the vmem from 2.08 to 2.14 or so... we'll see. But it's perfectly BF2142 stable @ 490/1160 now with 71*C as the max temp. I dropped it back to 488mhz core just to keep her under 70*C

VF900 ($33) or HR03+FM92 ($60)? Which is most bang for buck?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Ya some will tell you that it don't work, but they are stupid and don't deserve to breath the same air as we do. lol. J/K... I definitly think it works well. I could detect higher frequencies after the mod. Max stable oc for my gpu is 520/1220.

Edit/// Keep us posted on the memory mod, I'm really interested in that one!

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnie5000
Ya some will tell you that it don't work, but they are stupid and don't deserve to breath the same air as we do. lol. J/K... I definitly think it works well. I could detect higher frequencies after the mod. Max stable oc for my gpu is 520/1220.

Edit/// Keep us posted on the memory mod, I'm really interested in that one!

Yea, I'll be performing that minor surgery tomorrow night I think. I'll be using a 6B artist pencil, so hopefully it contains a LOT of graphite for an easy voltage increase

What do you think is the highest safe voltage for the memory?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts