Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my dilema.

Atm im looking to upgrade my board for my sig rig. I want to overclock my q6600 as high as it can go on air, i havent picked out my hsf yet because when i upgrade im going to put my 680i LT (the LT means its a dumbed down from the already POS 680i) in my spare case with my spare e2180 and 8600gt

I dont plan on SLIing my 260. I was actually gunna sell it to a friend and get an ati card(4870/x2) if i get an intel board when i want more graphical preformence because ati is better atm price/pref wise. I was looking at spending about 250 max maybe 300 on the board, which would get my a cheap 780i/x48 or a high end p45.

And 60-75 bucks max on the hsf.

any suggestions on which board and hsf to go with?

Thanks in advance,
<-~-LDK_Unjusted-~->

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
If you are using single card (even an X2) then a P45 chipset is your best bet.

The Gigaybte Ultra Durable 3 P45 boards are monsters and even the highest of the 3 models (which supports 8x8x crossfire) is under $200. The entry model (with a single graphics slot is in the $160 range)

Considering they are doing 500+ FSB with quads, they are great depending on your GPU choice.

and a TRUE of course

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/...ds/1829_1.html

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ErBall: i cant upgrade for till next pay day which is 2 thursdays away coz i had some ppl to pay for sum certain... "substances i had for a party" but if you still got it by then i might take it.

Everyone else: any idea for a hsf?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Xigmatec s1283 or Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. The latter will handle a quad better, but the Xigmatec will do a good job too.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok ill definatly be getting the Ultra 120 the, but what fans can be mounted on it cause i see that it doesnt come with one. ill prbly have to get my stuff from DirectCanada because my friend is getting some stuff from there and neither of us have a credit card cause we are 17
. so im throwing my order in with his.
so will this fan be compatible with the 120?
http://www.directcanada.com/products...facture=SCYTHE
for 9 bucks it moves alot of air.
and can i mount 1 on both sides of the hs or will it not matter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was wondering if you would be willing to take a little time to put together some ideas on building a new gaming desktop..looking for someone that really knows there stuff and would be willing to email or talk on phone a bit to answer some questions.
i have some ideas on budget and what direction i want to go, but still need some big help...i have built pc's before but it's been a few years

anyone that can help my email is
muellertr.gmail.com

really would like to find someone that is willing to talk on phone as it would be much easier to go over this **** quicker, let me know
not wanting to go over this tonight but this week sometime

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
For performance and especially for OCing I'd take the X48 over the P45 without hesitation. (I did!) But prepare to pay the price.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so in conclusion, a bottem of the line, cheap x48 beats a top of the line p45?

and thanks every1 for all your help

·
Registered
381 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDK_Unjusted View Post
i had some ppl to pay for sum certain... "substances i had for a party" but if you still got it by then i might take it.

Everyone else: any idea for a hsf?

hahahahahhahahahhahah oh boy.

And i'm sure the party was amazing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts