Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Military grade Garbage
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am begining to get slightly frustrated with gpu boost 2.0 because whenever i play a nontaxing game like garry's mod itll usually run at 30% load and half clock speeds causing random frame dips . i am on 1080p for the record. no my cpu is not bottlenecking it because i have played bf3 64 player and had more fps than i do in garrys mod. So i have come to the conclusion that it is gpu boost. due to the fact i have a secondary system that is a piece a crap with a 560ti slapped into it that gets more fps with the 560ti being bottlenecked. So long story short how do i disable gpu boost, or, if it isnt gpu boost what is it?
thumb.gif

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50shadesofray View Post

I was thinking about flashing sky's bios. But i wasn't comfortable wth me gpu being at max voltage whenever i was using it
Doesn't work that way.

When I'm playing Fallout New Vegas which is not intensive, the voltage will drop accordingly.

·
Military grade Garbage
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

Do you have the card set prefer maximum performance for the game?
I had done this before but for some reason it caused my gpu to be at full clockspeeed and voltage all the time for some reason. And i thought i read something about skys bios pegging it at max voltage in the owners club for some reason, if not my mistake.
thumb.gif

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Quote:

I had done this before but for some reason it caused my gpu to be at full clockspeeed and voltage all the time for some reason. And i thought i read something about skys bios pegging it at max voltage in the owners club for some reason, if not my mistake.
thumb.gif
Full clockspeed and voltage is not going to hurt anything as long as temperatures are kept in check.

On Sky's bios, my cards run 1045 mhz at 1.05v in FO New Vegas if I don't touch anything.

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Quote:

there was someone in the owners club who burnt out a vrm though
sad-smiley-002.gif
i dont want mine to die
Meanwhile there are hundreds of others who have had zero issues.

If you leave your temp mark in Precision to 80c, the card will throttle at 80c to protect itself.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry for asking the question here, but I have a similar observation as the OP and didn't feel like creating a separate thread for it.Flashing the skynet bios on my reference zotac 780ti turns the voltage all the way upto 1.212V and remains there,at full gpu load even if the card is not overclocked.There is no way to run the card at lower voltages for different clock speeds.Since I am on air, the reference cooler is not able to handle this voltage even at 100% fan speed and the temps reach 90°C .This has made me switch to the stock bios.How do people undervolt their card on the skynet bios?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Just set Prefer maximum performance in nvidia control panel, this will make it so the card does not go below stock clocks on applications. You can always change it back and there's no harm in using it as long as you watch you temps

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock2702 View Post

Sorry for asking the question here, but I have a similar observation as the OP and didn't feel like creating a separate thread for it.Flashing the skynet bios on my reference zotac 780ti turns the voltage all the way upto 1.212V and remains there,at full gpu load even if the card is not overclocked.There is no way to run the card at lower voltages for different clock speeds.Since I am on air, the reference cooler is not able to handle this voltage even at 100% fan speed and the temps reach 90°C .This has made me switch to the stock bios.How do people undervolt their card on the skynet bios?

Not sure why this is. When I'm benching, I have to use Precision to up my voltage to 1.212v.

I played Metro LL for hours yesterday. Both of my Ti were running 1045 mhz and voltages were 1.05 and 1.062v during play.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock2702 View Post

90c on 1.212v with 100% fanspeed? There's no way in hell that's normal. The card should run more like, 60-65c at 100% with 1.212v BIOS and hefty OC.
If I was you i'd clean and repaste the card cause those temps are way too high.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts