Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 7870 to go along with my 7870.

googled around and saw most people can add a second card for crossfire without adding drivers, but when I did, my 3DMark score dropped 3000 points. Reinstalled the drivers, enabled crossfire again, and lost 100 points in 3DMark.

Open up BF4, and as soon as the game starts to load a map, I crash with a "Battlefield 4 has failed to respond" or whatever.

If I disable Crossfire I can play BF4 fine and my 3DMark score stays within 100-200 points of the Crossfire score.

Yes, I have the bridge installed, yes the power cable is hooked up.

Someone suggested to synchronize clocks, disable ULPS and force contrast voltage and it didn't help. Tried 13.12 drivers and 14.2 and same exact issue.

Buh?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sapphire and HIS. Doesn't matter if the brand matches, AFAIK.

This time I got the game to load and go to the spawn screen. Only was getting about 12FPS though and after about 15 seconds it crashed and said blah blah blah make sure your video card has at least 512MB of RAM etc etc

Tried updating DirectX and it said I already had the newest version
mad.gif

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
What about ocing your cpu?or try changing to windows8.1 BUT before check gpu usage while gaming

Which is your resolution?what happen if you do a clean install of windows?

·
Registered
864 Posts
You tried the new card by itself?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why would I OC my CPU? 4.6 is plenty and even if I was at stock I shouldn't crash seconds after clicking BF4.exe. 1920x1080 is my res though.

Tested the card by itself already in a separate rig.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skyrim and CS:GO (only games I have installed right now) work fine too btw. Skyrim never ran my 7870 very hard both both cards bounce between 30-70% usage and my FPS is almost double from the single card setup.

CS:GO I always got 200+ FPS anyway so it's card to tell if it's working (both cards at 25% usage) but no crashes.

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
There is a bottleneck/throttling somewhere,which are your gpu`s vrm temperatute and your gpu temperature?is any of your cards oced?if so did you increase the power limit?

Or you are not playing a gpu demanding games,can you test any fps?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Temps are fine across the board but why would that make one game crash?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They're not OCed and that wouldn't cause those issues anyway -_-

Faulty second PCI-E slot. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Did u unistall old drivers completely before installing fresh drivers?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
21,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol

don't remember having a throttling issue and I already said temps were fine across the board.

trust me ... even if I DIDN'T ALREADY FIND OUT WHY IT WAS HAPPENING, an unstable OC wouldn't cause one game to crash seconds after double clicking the icon.

·
Banned
3,485 Posts
I don't have BF4 so you may need to check their thread out, but there is a folder (config I think) that you need to delete or in the least take out so the game can generate its own. That helped everyone with the Mantle issues. And especially if you played the game with a single card before..Just a guess and not certain if it will help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts