Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Morning folks!

For a bit of preamble, I'd like to say I haven't done a CrossFire setup before, so am rather unfamiliar with setting one up. I have just purchased two of VTX3D's 7870XTs, and I am running them in tandem. I've read a few reviews, including HardwareLuxx's benchmarking of the 2 cards running in a dual-gpu configuration, and i've got to say, mine don't match up with their results at all.

I'll run you through a few of the problems I've encountered...

Far Cry 3 (Ultra, DX11, SSAO) - Unsure whether it's stuttering or just downright lagging
Tomb Raider (Maxed out) - Gameplay-impeding stutter, TessFX on hair seems to be slow-motion
Unigine Heaven 3.0 - Barely reaches 27FPS, even on the low-clutter scenes, whereas my single 6950 reached 60 at parts

And I've even noticed that League of Legends was struggling to reach 40 at some points, at which point I decided that there had to be a problem. I'm using the 13.2 Beta drivers, as opposed to the drivers provided on-disk from VTX3D, and I currently have AMD's own graphics quality settings set to Application-specified.

Could someone offer me a bit of advice, if I'm making a rookie error please do tell me. I'd be happy to offer you any other information you may need. In the mean time, i'm going to try the OOB drivers.

CPU: Intel i5 Ivy @ 4.2GHz
GPUs: Clocked to 1100MHz respectively, now back at stock
PSU: Corsair HX750w Gold

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, the OOB drivers have yielded a 10FPS drop in Unigine 3. Dreading to see what else it's done.

·
Premium Member
11,034 Posts
are you using the 13.2 beta 7 drivers. firstly test each card in single card mode. run with power control maxed at +20%. run it at 1 Ghz. you can check benchmarks like heaven 4.0 / 3.0, 3d mark 2013 and 3d mark 2011. make sure your performance is as expected.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1345122/sapphire-hd-7870-xt-based-on-amd-tahiti-le-chip/70#post_19294019

3d mark firestrike graphics score should be around 6000 with the gpu at 1 ghz.

then test games like bf3, farcry 3. then enable CF and see if performance improves or decreases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never done crossfire before, but I have one 7870 xt with a i5-3570k @ 4.2GHZ and I get 50+fps and no stutter in tomb raider with tressfx on and everything on ultra/ultimate.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keydaBear View Post

One problem I did was you need to install the Catalyst profile things to get crossfire to be on. Just get them from the AMD drivers website. I dunno if you got a crossfire bridge on, that's needed for those cards.
No. CAP is just profiles for new games.Its not even a driver just html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts