Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am desiging a new system I want to start building and I was wondering what is a very good GeForce 7 Series with east least 512MB unless you guys think is not needed. I am not looking into a 512X2 because they are expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>TheLatinHeat</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">Hey guys I am desiging a new system I want to start building and I was wondering what is a very good GeForce 7 Series with east least 512MB unless you guys think is not needed. I am not looking into a 512X2 because they are expensive.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Get an XFX 7900GS XT and overclock the hell out of it since it OC's GREAT and that will hold you over til DX10 and beyond it's release.<br />
<br />
Unless you're looking for a more long-term use gpu...

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
well i have a Gainward 7950GT 256 Mb one, it's good, it's quicker than a 7900GT (slightly), butt get a 512 Mb version of the 7950GT, its not much more and is aparently faster, although this is fast enough for me!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would wait until Direct X 10 comes out. Because it will be instantly obsolete.

·
Banned
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea but when will this DX 10 cards come out and how useful will it be with out Vista being out yet? I also read somewere that 7900 and up would support DX10 I think Emulated or something like that until DX10 is fully set on all new hardware and that is after vista is out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
honestly man im running a leadtek 7950 gt @ 675/800 air cooled and i mean with a 940 dual core 3.2 at 3.83 and man this thing i havent had a problem with it yet a few hiccups here and there but u hardley even notice them and im running the 256 mb version of that card look into it and u might like what u see

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Get the 7950GT 512 I have 2 in sli look the benches.Later if is EVGA use the step up program and upgrade.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I have two 7900GTs volt modded, LOOK at my benches, lol, I am just shy of 10,000 in 3dmark06 (9900), for now I question how much the Xtra RAM actually helps (of course it does to an extent), but u know with the 8800 series coming out so soon, I would just wait.

·
Banned
3,194 Posts
you should just wait a month for DX10<br />
<br />
the 8800 series kicks ass<br />
<br />
google some benchies for it<br />
<br />
there were some for like 15k on 3dmark 06 stock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts