Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new graphics card and I was looking at a XFX 7900GS or a XFX or EVGA 7600GT. Which would be better???

Or should I go to ATI???

I am looking for a sub $200 gfx card.

·
Banned
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i cannot wait for DX10 cards to go to a reasonable price because I don't have a video card right now for my C2D build. I will probably get the 7900GS then. I will get a DX10 card when they come down in price in about a year.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegoskyline
View Post

Have you seen the X1950Pro?

The X1950XT 256MB is also a good card, only $249 I think.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Just need a confirmation...
so it is possible, with EVGA's step-up program, to go from a DX9 card (ex:7600GT) to a DX10 card (ex:8800GTS) if you do it in the alloted amount of time for the step-up?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckp64
View Post

Just need a confirmation...
so it is possible, with EVGA's step-up program, to go from a DX9 card (ex:7600GT) to a DX10 card (ex:8800GTS) if you do it in the alloted amount of time for the step-up?

Dude, my 5500FX PCI card could take DX10, so don't worry.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LyokoHaCk
View Post

Dude, my 5500FX PCI card could take DX10, so don't worry.

Their meaning the DirectX form factor for GPUs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was in the same place a few months ago. I went with a MSI 7600GT and although I do like it.... I can't run CoH on max settings, even at 1280x1024 on a 17" LCD monitor.

If I could do it over again, I'd probably get the 7900 and then WAIT FOR A DX10 CARD -- and wait for the prices on the dx10s to drop. The prices on the 7600GT are AWESOME right now though, ~110 bux so I think its worth it either way if you get a 7600 or 7900. The 7600 will do me for another 6 months but I'll be very ready for the dx10s by then.

• Rep+
Reactions: todd258

·
Banned
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, well I think i'm going with the 7900GS. I just need to look for a good brand one and a good price. eBay here I come!
And NewEgg of course.

Is the X1600 XT any good??

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
the evga step up program does not apply to a new familiy or generation of cards. there are alot of people pissed off buying a 7600GT thinking they can step up to a 8800GT in 90 days.. well you cant. If you dont believe me go and check it out for yourself on evga's site.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnstudios View Post
the evga step up program does not apply to a new familiy or generation of cards. there are alot of people pissed off buying a 7600GT thinking they can step up to a 8800GT in 90 days.. well you cant. If you dont believe me go and check it out for yourself on evga's site.
Well I emailed eVGA, and this is their response:

Quote:
Yes, you may step up from onew generation card to another, you should have no
problem doing that at all.

-EVGA Tech Team
My original email:

Quote:
Hello,
I am wondering if it is possible to step-up from a 7-series graphics card to
the new 8-series graphics card.

For example, if I purchased a 7600GT for XXX.XX amount, and I want to
step-up to 8800GTS for YYY.YY, can I step-up to the 8800GTS for the
difference (YYY.YY-XXX.XX)?

Is stepping up from a lower generation (7series) to higher generation
(8series) allowed?

I appreciate any response, thankyou.

- Chirag

Confidentiality Warning:
This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive
any related rights and obligations. It is intended for the named recipient(s)
only. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it
contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received
this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise)
immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or duplicate.

·
Banned
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahhh I bought a X850XT 256MB with a IceQ II Cooler. I had to go a little cheaper with the gfx car, because i ran out of money.

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnstudios View Post
ThaWaxShop stepped up a while back. Stop spreading rumours.

I'd go with a 7600GT. Can't beat those prices!

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
I had just read a thread on here about the very same thing! and it was determined that they were not going to honor the step up program. But! this was a week or two ago when the 8800's were just hitting the market. Maybe? they have changed their views on this due to a jillion people emailing them and *****ing about it? . Sorry i was just going on another thread that was here in the forums on this same subject.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts