Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Think about what you're saying. It's ONLY 10% better than the best nVidia card ever made. For about $500. I'd say that's a great deal.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I think its a great deal since its $250 less than the 7800GTX 512 (on newegg they've been $750 for the longest time) BUT we were all hoping it would be TWICE as fast as that card, so its a huge let down but still, all it has to do is beat the x1900xtx which I think it should quite easily.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

Yes I think its a great deal since its $250 less than the 7800GTX 512 (on newegg they've been $750 for the longest time) BUT we were all hoping it would be TWICE as fast as that card, so its a huge let down but still, all it has to do is beat the x1900xtx which I think it should quite easily.

Based on?

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
No, we were hoping it was 2x as good as the 7800GT, which it is expected to be. the 7800GTX 512 was a specialty insane thing. This card is supposed to beat out the XT1900XT, and cost less. It WILL be a great card. There's no way they could double the performance of the 7800GTX 512 at any sane price. (not that $750 is card.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Calm down, wait until the benchmarks come out then you can jibberjabber....ATi seems to be gaining a little lead with their 1337 x1900xtx

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
How would you like to be EVGA? I'd like to hear the phone call between the President of EVGA and a spokesperson from Nvidia. "I have all my customers returning their 512s and getting a new 7900 for free and STILL demanding money back" lol

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
No, you can only exchange it for a card of equal or lesser value. All the 7800GTX 512 customers are screwed, I doubt there will be another card that expensive anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac

No, you can only exchange it for a card of equal or lesser value. All the 7800GTX 512 customers are screwed, I doubt there will be another card that expensive anytime soon.

Read my post again.....they'll get another card for free,but most will also complain about "getting their full retail price" credited. Either way, EVGA will lose cash on the exchange and be stuck with some 512s.

·
Registered
390 Posts
ONLY 10% higher?? how many frames can a person need. i mean doom3 at like 150fps is crazy. film only runs at 29.9 fps and no one complains. why? because the humone eye can only see so fast.. i guess 120 frames don't acutuly get seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac

think about what you just said. equal or lesser mean a 7800 with 512mb is 750$ and a 7900 is 500$. 500<750 that arrow looking thing means lesser by the way.

so if i got two 7800gtx from newegg less then a year ago i can exchange them for two new 7900's. sounds like a plan

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by remy5405

think about what you just said. equal or lesser mean a 7800 with 512mb is 750$ and a 7900 is 500$. 500<750 that arrow looking thing means lesser by the way.

Edit: oops,i was ripping on you by accident =) Thought you were writing to me, but you were commenting on his error.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ropey

I would say so

Nope, because they have to be exchanged within 90 days with original receipts.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Crap... I'm dumb...

I'd be happy to take the 512s off their hands.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Step-Up FAQ

EVGA Step-Upâ„¢ Program Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is Step-Up?
A: EVGA’s Step Up program allows you to protect your investment. Because technology can change so fast, EVGA offers this program to help you safeguard one of the most important pieces in your computer system: your video card.

Q: How does the Step-Upâ„¢ Program work?
A: Anytime with in the first 90 days after your original date of purchase you can step up your video card to a new card graphics card from our website at http://evga.com/products/ of greater value.

Q: How long is the Step-Upâ„¢ Program good for?
A: The initial request for a Step-Up must be submitted within the first 90 days from the date of purchase. In the event that the Step-Up product is backordered, the request will be placed in a queue until such time that there is available stock to process the Step-Up request, during which nothing is required to be sent, including the invoice or the return card. Once available, an email will be sent out to notify that the Step-Up request can be continued.

Q: How much is Step-Up?
A: The Step-Upâ„¢ Program is free; you are required to pay the difference between your original invoice price, less any applicable rebates, and the price of the new card, plus any applicable tax and shipping. The program itself has no cost associated with it.

Example:
EVGA e-GeForceFX 5700Ultra $219.99
Retail Priced e-GeForceFX 5200* -$99.99

Total $120.00
+ Tax & Shipping

*Original invoice price less any applicable rebate

Q: Do I need to register to qualify for Step-Up?
A: Yes, only products that are properly registered will qualify for the Step-Upâ„¢ Program.

Q: Where do I go to request a Step-Up?
A: The Step-Upâ„¢ Program is only offered through EVGA directly. For complete details please visit http://www.evga.com/stepup.

Q: Can I Step-Up my card at a Retail Location?
A: No, you cannot.
Our Step-Upâ„¢ Program is only available directly through EVGA. Products purchased through a retail location may be eligible for Step-Up, but you must process and redeem them directly through EVGA and not the original retail location.

Q: What happens if a customer lost the invoice or is unable to prove the date of purchase and the price for the product?
A: If you have lost your invoice then you will not be able to qualify for this program. You may contact your reseller for a duplicate of your invoice that will be eligible.

Q: What if I am over 90 days from my original invoice date?
A: Unfortunately, you will not be able to take part in the program. You must register and use the Step-Upâ„¢ Program within 90 days of your invoice date, no exceptions.

Q: Are cards from card manufacturers other than EVGA able to qualify for the EVGA Step-Upâ„¢ Program?
A: No.
Only EVGA products are eligible for the Step-Upâ„¢ program.

Q: What is an eligible card?
A: For a card to be eligible for the step up program it must meet the following requirements;

* It must be an EVGA graphics card. Cards from other manufactures will not be accepted.
* You must have purchased the card, and be the original owner of the card. Cards obtained as prizes, through EVGA recertification program, cards purchased used and cards originally issued as review units, etc. are not eligible.
* Card must be in working order and free of cosmetic and physical defects.
* Card must be registered with EVGA. The registration information (name, address, phone, etc) must match the original invoice.
* Card must have been purchased with in the 90 days preceding your request for step up.
* Card must be returned with all original materials and packaging, failure to do so will result in a 15% restocking fee.
* Please make sure that the card is professionally packed and secured before shipping back to EVGA
* Cards obtained as part of a complete system from a non approved system vendor are not eligible.
* Only certain system integrators are currently eligible for the Step-Upâ„¢ Program. See item 7 below.
* For customers who receive their card as part of a complete computer system, only the card and any associated cables will be required.
* This Step-Upâ„¢ Program is not valid with any other offers, promotions, etc.

Q: Can systems that come with EVGA Graphics cards qualify for Step-Up?
A:

* Only to the system houses that are on our approved vendor list will qualify. Please check the approved system house list at http://www.evga.com/stepup/systemvendor
* How much will it be worth in the Step-Upâ„¢ Program that came with my system?
* Cards that come with computer systems will be valued at their full MSRP price. This only applies to cards that were purchased as a complete system from on of our approved System Vendors. The eVGA card must be shown clearly on the system invoice for the request to be approved.
* If your card was purchased as a system and is not on the approved vendor list then your card does not qualify for the Step-Upâ„¢ Program.

Q: Does my video card need to be working?
A: Yes, all cards when they are returned need to be in working condition free of any damage and in like new condition.

Q: Do I need to keep my original box?
A: Yes, you will need to keep all of the original packaging and materials that came with your video card the day you purchased it. If you have lost or damaged any of these items, or if you fail to return them with your card, a 15% restocking fee will be assessed.

Q: What is the warranty period after Step-Up?
A:Your new warranty will depend on the date of the invoice of your Step-Up card:

* Before Jan 1, 2005 - standard one year warranty
* On or after Jan 1, 2005 and before Jun 22, 2005 - 1+1 Warranty (standard one year + one year with registration)
* On or after Jun 22, 2005 - Lifetime Warranty for products ending in AX, all other part numbers will be covered under 1+1 Warranty

Q: Where do I get warranty service after using the Step-Upâ„¢ Program?
A: As with any product purchased directly from EVGA you will receive all warranty and service support directly from EVGA.

Q: How long will the Step-Upâ„¢ Program take?
A: Once you have submitted your information and you are approved for the Step-Upâ„¢ Program, EVGA must receive your card with in 15 days. Once we receive your graphics card it will take 1-3 business days to process your step up submission. At this point any charge overage or underage will be assessed. Once this is completed your new card will be shipped to you.

Q: Does EVGA offer cross shipping for the Step-Upâ„¢ Program?
EVGA does not offer cross shipping for this program.

Q: Can I Step-Up more than once?
Only new purchases can be entered for sumbission for the Step-Upâ„¢ Program. Cards received through the Step-Upâ„¢ Program cannot be upgraded.

Q: Can I extend the Step-Upâ„¢ Program to be available for longer than 90 days?
At this moment, the program may not be extended.

Q: Can I combine EVGA Bucks with Step-Upâ„¢ Program?
A: No, you cannot.
The Step-Upâ„¢ Program can not be used with any other promotions, coupons, or special offers of any sort.

Q: Can I combine EVGA Meet-com program with Step-Upâ„¢ Program?
The Step-Upâ„¢ Program cannot be combined with any other promotional or special offers.

Q: Can I buy the card first and then return the old card for Step-Up?
The upgrade process must be followed as described in the Terms and Conditions.

Q: What if the product I want to Step-Up to is BACKORDERED?
A: You may select the backordered part as your Step-Up card, and you will be placed on a queue. As long as your request was submitted within the first 90 days of your purchase, it does not matter when the product becomes available for Step-Up, even if that period of time exceeds the alotted 90 days. Once available, you will receive an email notification allowing you to continue the Step-Up process.
While you are on the queue, you do not have to send anything, neither the invoice/receipt nor your video card, until such time that you receive an email requesting you to do so.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

Nope, because they have to be exchanged within 90 days with original receipts.

That's fine. I purchased these cards for their abilities at the time. I tested them against X1800XT and made my decision. They still do everything I want and need.

I will await the new architectures and forgo architectural refreshes just as I am awaiting Conroe and K10.

It's not as though my ability to generate income is effected one iota by this.

R

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hey, not exactly relevent, but just wanted to throw out there because of what remy5405 said.

The human eye see's lag with frames below 30 fps, that is why films make them at 30fps, because that is the lowest the human eye will not see lag.

On the other hang, human eyes can not see frames above 70 fps. So that means all you people running at like 120 fps, you're not seeing a difference than a 70 fps, so turn up eye candy!!

Lastly, still not revelant, but human eyes can not see anything faster than 8ms. So monitors that are like 2ms, human eye can detect the difference between that and 8ms.

All scientific, just google it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts