Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
folks, when is this thing gonna come out....late march?
can anyone link the latest review or rumors about it, how much its gonna cost, what are the clock speeds, pipes, i cant wait for it to come out, i just sure as hell hope it wont be out of stock the next day ....

btw what do u all think the cost will be on the opening day?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:
By Fuad Abazovic: Friday 27 January 2006, 17:13
WE HAVE confirmation that Nvidia has now taped out its G71 chip. It is up and running and according to our sources Nvidia is on schedule.

The only problem is that we're unsure what the real schedule is. I can tell you that it is probably not realistic to expect this chip and cards based on G71 sooner than end of February. Early March could be the best bet, but this is the perfect case scenario. It is a long time from tape out till final chip and we know that Nvidia taped out the chip in the first half of January.

It's possible that the G71 may get its old GTX suffix. Nvidia hopes the G71, Geforce 7900 GTX may end up even faster than R580, Radeon X1900 XTX solution but we cannot confirm that. For Nvidia's sake, we hope it will and the chip should have 32 real pipes inside.

So Nvidia finally has its big 90 nanometre chip out from the blueprint specs. The fun chase begins again. µ
Source: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29314
Most I've seen on it. That and the fact that a Quadro version will have 1gb of memory

·
Registered
564 Posts
Found a bit more:

Quote:
We also heard that the chip should work around 700 MHz frequency and as we reported before it should feature 32 pixel pipelines.
Source: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28717
But that was posted back in pre-X1900XTX Early January

Another place says that there are 2 versions, 256mb(GT) and 512mb(GTX):

Quote:
The GeForce 7900 GTX will be launched at CeBIT on 9th of March while the GeForce 7900 GT will be launched later on 20th March most likely together with the GeForce 7600 series.
Source:http://www.nforcershq.com/article5358.html
Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
I remember reading about $550 MSRP on launch day for the GTX, a GT will also be launched on the same day and I'd expect both to be hard launches meaning you can buy them on that very day. Also, from what I've seen this "Nvidia hopes the G71, Geforce 7900 GTX may end up even faster than R580, Radeon X1900 XTX solution but we cannot confirm that." is a silly quote because when paired with an FX60 2x1900xt in CrossFire score 13,501 in 3D Mark 05 and 1 7900GTX scores 13,000 so it is almost twice as fast as an R580! (x1900xtx is only 25MHz faster than the xt so I doubt that will make much of a difference)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats good, they got blueprints....were getting somewhere......what was up with this..."Nvidia hopes the G71, Geforce 7900 GTX may end up even faster than R580, Radeon X1900 XTX solution but we cannot confirm that.".....i thought it was gonna blow it out of the water...Chuck Norris style....maybe thats just a selling thing, where they think its gonna suck and tell all the news that we just might be able to beat that new R580 but when it comes out, the spectators are blow away....hmmm

EDIT: Also, from what I've seen this "Nvidia hopes the G71, Geforce 7900 GTX may end up even faster than R580, Radeon X1900 XTX solution but we cannot confirm that." is a silly quote because when paired with an FX60 2x1900xt in CrossFire score 13,501 in 3D Mark 05 and 1 7900GTX scores 13,000 so it is almost twice as fast as an R580! (x1900xtx is only 25MHz faster than the xt so I doubt that will make much of a

you beat me to it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the silly quote, but it was a pre-1900XTX Article. Personally, I'm gonna sit and see whether it's worth the money compared to what I've currently got. But then again, New AMD M2 Mobos are just around the corner.

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
my local store tricked me into believing that the x1900xtx had 48 pipes! not shaders! so i thought that the x1900xtx would own, but nooo

32 pipes tho, thats like turning on 4 faucets when you only need like one
and normal gfx cards have two, giving less water too
lol

that card is just gonna be wild...altho pipes are VERY expensive..i think maybe it will be up in like 800 bucks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you realize how stupid you just sounded? wow.

The X1900 XTX has 16 Pipelines, and yes, you can need all the pipes you can get. But the performance is as if it had 48 Pixel Pipelines, cause thats the rate at which is performs. If you notice, where the X1900 really kicks Nvidias ass is the higher resultion benchmarks. The lower end ones it doesn't because of bottleneck.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dehx
Do you realize how stupid you just sounded? wow.

The X1900 XTX has 16 Pipelines, and yes, you can need all the pipes you can get. But the performance is as if it had 48 Pixel Pipelines, cause thats the rate at which is performs. If you notice, where the X1900 really kicks Nvidias ass is the higher resultion benchmarks. The lower end ones it doesn't because of bottleneck.

ROFL

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
The 7900GTX scores 13,000 in 3DM 05? The card didnt even exist at the time that was said and if it did the NDA would prevent any info from being released. Anything mentioned about the G71's specs or performance is entirely rumor at this point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts