Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a time table or any information for when any of the overclocked 7970's from Sapphire/Asus etc will be on the market. Just found out I'm going to have to wait at least a month before I get my x79 3930k so I cancelled my order on mt 7970's.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega17 View Post

Why do you want factory OC'ed versions?
The reference ones are amazing and can push past that XFX Black OC in CCC anyway
eh-smiley.gif
They look better, copper layer/dual fans (run cooler) and have a lifetime warranty. Fact is these cards were built to be overclocked with the copper layer and added fans. Other reference designs were not. Although not much different at stock clocks pertaining to heat I think once you push these past 1100 the dd blacks will run cooler. For a little extra money why not? I've heard that the DD blacks throw hot air into the case when crossfired but I'm going with a x79 asus sabertooth which spreads them away from each other giving them ample space in between one another. Add in the motherboard having its own cooling system and azza hurricane case with 8 fans and a liquid cooled cpu I think im good. I'm almost certain that putting these at a safe oc 1100 or so they will run cooler then the standard reference design.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing to look at is 2 years from now when I go to sell these beast. I think I'll have a little better resale value on a shiny dual fan 7970 with a lifetime warranty then one that has the classic reference design with a 2-3 year warranty. Well worth the 40 bucks I spent now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

Another thing to look at is 2 years from now when I go to sell these beast. I think I'll have a little better resale value on a shiny dual fan 7970 with a lifetime warranty then one that has the classic reference design with a 2-3 year warranty. Well worth the 40 bucks I spent now.
You cant transfer xfx warranty on the new cards anymore.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh05t View Post

You cant transfer xfx warranty on the new cards anymore.
I find all this anger at xfx hilarious. What other card not only offers a lifetime warranty but allows it to transfer to the second owner? There are none chief. And can you blame them? They spoil you with the best warranty in the industry for years while the others give you 2-3 years and crap warranty support. And now that they only offer a lifetime warranty you want to bash them?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts

I find it best to think of it like that TOMMY BOY movie quote ...

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of **** (crap). That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a **** (dump) in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

... and for the record Tommy ... DIDN'T Sell XFX video cards ... the end

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

I find all this anger at xfx hilarious. What other card not only offers a lifetime warranty but allows it to transfer to the second owner? There are none chief. And can you blame them? They spoil you with the best warranty in the industry for years while the others give you 2-3 years and crap warranty support. And now that they only offer a lifetime warranty you want to bash them?
No need to get all defensive I wasn't even bashing them I was just stating that in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
350 Posts
gigabyte has 7970 OC edition,default is 1000Mhz with windforce 3x,i think the first 7970 OEM card sells out,the OC will on the market.

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
What I like about the XFX DD version, is the PCB is reference design. I'm looking forward to Asus RoG and MSI Frozr edition, but dont even know how long it will be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts