Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
One day I turned on my PC to find a nasty surprise, the dreaded black screen of death, so i had to re formatt and install the OS again, all the drivers and then the latest amd crimson 15.2 driver , after rebooting then I find the same problem again, after windows logo the screen goes black and i cant do nothing about it, no matter how many different versions of the driver I try, the card wont work and the crash keeps happening
confusedsmiley.png
I even updated the Bios, tried different version of Windows, flashed the Bios, removed the card, cleaned it , put it back, etc, but sadly, so far nothing's worked. Im starting to think this is a hardware issue, either the Card or the Mainboard are doing something wrong, but i cant pinpoint which one is it nor what is the flaw. I will add a link to a thread I made on AMD forums where you can find more details on the story and Specs of my system. Any help will be appreciated
https://community.amd.com/message/2713969

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Have ypu tried your on board gpu?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If by on board you mean the i5 3570k then yes, but now im using the graphics card connected to the monitor, only without drivers, its when I install the AMD drivers when problem starts. So the VGA is not dead, its just acting funny, its very odd. Do you think it is a hardware issue?

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileanfox View Post

If by on board you mean the i5 3570k then yes, but now im using the graphics card connected to the monitor, only without drivers, its when I install the AMD drivers when problem starts. So the VGA is not dead, its just acting funny, its very odd. Do you think it is a hardware issue?
Yes that's what I meant. Have you tried installing the driver on safe mode with low resolution?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You mean pluggin the Monitor into the Mainboard and booting into safe mode low res and from there install the driver ? no i havnt tried that, I could it give it a try , cuz i always install the driver on normal mode using the graphics card as youre supposed to, then im forced to log into safe mode every time and use DDU as i mentioned in the amd forum.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to GPUz the temps are no higher than 40 degrees Celsius, so i guess not. I havent tried another MoBo slot yet cuz there is no one i know here that can lend me one, in that case idhave to bring the card to a repair store

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have no issues on CF 280x up to crimson driver 16.2 - Anything above that and I start to have issues. Something to think about.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the same issue a couple of weeks ago. Try booting up into safe mode after crimson installed and disabling the intel HD graphic card from device management. That solved my problem. But sometimes intel HD graphic will be re-enabled after system upgrade and the system will hang up again.

Hope it will help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude you were right!!! . I cant beleive disabling the Intel graphics card driver made the AMD driver work , f*ck yeaah! I can finally rest , arigato gozaimasu

1 - 13 of 13 Posts