Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Intel Mobo and it has a 8-pin CPU power Plug instead of the 4-pin one. It also has the newer 24-pin mobo power plug. I got a PSU that has a 24-pin mobo power plug but it has the 4-pin CPU power Plug. I got this stuff off newegg so I dont want to half to deal with sending the PSU back. Can you buy/make an adapter? (I am going to have a bunch of spare molex connectors)

· Banned
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya I noticed you could plug a 4-pin into 1/2 of the 8-pin connector but that cant be stable at all .... i mean that would be cutting the power in 1/2 how would that work? I just cut a 4-pin off an old PSU and found a position, even thought the shapes dont match up, which I could force the plug into the other 1/2 and i wired up the top 2 pins to a +12v on a molex and the bottom 2 pins to the -12v on a molex so now I have a homemade 4-pin to molex plug which im hoping will work. My RAM is coming today so I will be able to test it later tonight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.