Votes: 13 43.3%
  • H50

Votes: 17 56.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering what choice is better for my specific case. Let me know your opinions. Also recommend some case and cooler fans for each route.

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
With the H50, there are way too many factors that can negatively impact performance. I'd rather have a piece of metal that I KNOW will perform as expected every single time. As far as fans go, you could be like me, and go balls to the wall with (2) 38mm 140+cfm Deltas. But for you I'd probably go for a couple gentle typhoons in push/pull.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I am in the same situations u are in right now. I am 80% towards the h50 right now because:
1.of its size
2.i don't want a 1lb piece of metal hagging from my motherboard even though i know its pretty secure
3. the h50 is really quiet and to get the same performance from the v-x you have to put high cfm fans with = loud
4. with the 800d you can use the current rear exhaust fan and the fan that comes with the h50 to do a push/pull, witch will give any heatsink a run for its money

5. the h50 is technically water cooling, so you can brag how you have water cooling

6. if you get the h50 on sale its about $50~60. the v-x is $65+ 2 fans witch could be $10=$85

Wow after righting these advantages im going more towards on using my h50

Hope i helped you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unleash The Beast
View Post

I am in the same situations u are in right now. I am 80% towards the h50 right now because:
1.of its size
2.i don't want a 1lb piece of metal hagging from my motherboard even though i know its pretty secure
3. the h50 is really quiet and to get the same performance from the v-x you have to put high cfm fans with = loud
4. with the 800d you can use the current rear exhaust fan and the fan that comes with the h50 to do a push/pull, witch will give any heatsink a run for its money

5. the h50 is technically water cooling, so you can brag how you have water cooling

6. if you get the h50 on sale its about $50~60. the v-x is $65+ 2 fans witch could be $10=$85

Wow after righting these advantages im going more towards on using my h50

Hope i helped you.

Good points, I haven’t seen the h50 around $50 anywhere, do you know a place? Also do you have a 800d?

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
H50 hands down. Seems like its just a great water cooler.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
H5O because you can set it up on one of the top exhausts... you can also mod the H5O if you to make it real WCing lol so ill itemize my list of reasons

1. looks nice
2. easier on the mobo
3. can mod it when the warranty runs out
4. set up the radiator on the top exhaust for smooth airflow (absolutely no heat dumping)
as an aside, on my 800d i have the rear fan blowing in because i have 6 fans on top (radiator)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nm324
View Post

Good points, I haven’t seen the h50 around $50 anywhere, do you know a place? Also do you have a 800d?

In january the h50 was for $60 at bestbuy
and 2 sales came at frys in january, first it was $55 and then about 2 weeks later it came for $50.

No i dont have a 800d, i have a antec 900.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Corsair H50. with 2 Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (1850rpm) fans

I read that 800d isn't that much good at air cooling.

It's better you ask some people in 800d computer case topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts