Votes: 7 63.6%
  • NZXT Black Phantom

Votes: 4 36.4%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all, I don't know which one I want. The Fry's near my house has both in stock, 800D- $259 and Phantom- $139. My budget on the case is 300 dollars so both of them are fine. I'm using a H60 for my i5 2500k , and air cooling my 6970's.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frycicle
View Post

You'll love the 800D. Plus Corsair support is the greatest.

x2.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I can't speak on the Phantom as I have no experience with it but If you plan on watercooling later on, the 800D will suit you better. Airflow is decent and although you can take steps to maximize airflow, it isn't the best case for air cooling. I have the AXP cooler on my 480 in my 800D that is venting inside the case yet the temps didn't change much. So air cooling is possible on the 800D.

As mentioned, Corsair is top notch. I like that they are continuously releasing updates for the Obsidian line to keep it "fresh".

·
Registered
705 Posts
Seeing how you have the budget for it, go for the 800D. You really do get what you pay for. I've got one and I've had countless upgrades and components added to the case so it's great for people who want to have room to expand. Fits any video card with no problem and has great features for water cooling if you ever intend on going down that path.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts