Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Im running a 830d at 3,752 right now ( 15x 250)
Got a SLI setup with the xfx 7800 gt extreme, and 1 gb of the corsair XMS 2
1ghz memory ( pc 8000) and the Asus P5ND2 Sli-Delux
Everything is cooled using the Asetek Extreme Waterchill, including the 2 graphic cards ( Swiftech 55's water blocks)

how can i furter push my system? like oc the graphics and the memory and so on. currently running the pci freq at 100 how high can i push it?

Thanx

Peppe,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

If you are using regular thermal paste, pick up some AS5 at newegg.com for 4.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835100009

It would also be helpful if you gave us temps and Vcore.

Hi.
Running at 1,5 vcore and 2,2 vdimm.

everything is watercooled the temp on the cpu is around 50 C at load,,, and the chipset at around 35.. the gpu`s are att 48 degrees C..

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

Hi.

Im running a 830d at 3,752 right now ( 15x 250)
Got a SLI setup with the xfx 7800 gt extreme, and 1 gb of the corsair XMS 2
1ghz memory ( pc 8000) and the Asus P5ND2 Sli-Delux
Everything is cooled using the Asetek Extreme Waterchill, including the 2 graphic cards ( Swiftech 55's water blocks)

how can i furter push my system? like oc the graphics and the memory and so on. currently running the pci freq at 100 how high can i push it?

Thanx

Peppe,

I think you can overclock your CPU further as well as the other components

Make sure that you have locked the PCI-E and PCI clocks at 100.0MHz and 33.3MHz in the BIOS or else overclocking will be limited. Also I would recommend disabling Speed Spectrum to help with overclocking higher.

Note: Memory overclocks with the FSB in conjunction
Make sure your memory first is able to run at half the FSB speed (e.g. 1000MHz FSB will have memory running at 500Mhz if in a 1:1 ratio). If it is not able to do this you must use a divider or increase the voltage to the memory. You could also compromise by increasing the memory timings which will result in a slight decrease in performance (nothing to be worried about however).
Also I would recommend not letting your CPU's temperature exceed 65C and the voltage 1.525 (voltage can go higher if temperatures are holding below 65C).
Keep overclocking as far as you can go.

For overclocking your graphics cards I would use coolbits, this will allow you to manually increase both cards clock frequencies in conjunction with each other. It will also automatically detect the highest stable clock frequencies for your cards if you don't want to risk manually doing it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Manual

I think you can overclock your CPU further as well as the other components

Make sure that you have locked the PCI-E and PCI clocks at 100.0MHz and 33.3MHz in the BIOS or else overclocking will be limited. Also I would recommend disabling Speed Spectrum to help with overclocking higher.

Note: Memory overclocks with the FSB in conjunction
Make sure your memory first is able to run at half the FSB speed (e.g. 1000MHz FSB will have memory running at 500Mhz if in a 1:1 ratio). If it is not able to do this you must use a divider or increase the voltage to the memory. You could also compromise by increasing the memory timings which will result in a slight decrease in performance (nothing to be worried about however).
Also I would recommend not letting your CPU's temperature exceed 65C and the voltage 1.525 (voltage can go higher if temperatures are holding below 65C).
Keep overclocking as far as you can go.

For overclocking your graphics cards I would use coolbits, this will allow you to manually increase both cards clock frequencies in conjunction with each other. It will also automatically detect the highest stable clock frequencies for your cards if you don't want to risk manually doing it

Hi. thanx for the help.

Been trying to overclock my memory.. with no good results.. io got the cpu fsb runnung att 1000, and the memory att 800 fsb. tryed to run at 1:1 but that just resulted in that the comoputer wouldnt boot....

And the momory timings are: 5-4-4-9-6... but when i check the memory timings in cpuz they are something like 5-5-5-18.... something like that.. wierd..

did overclock the graphics though.. :-: 500 mhz on the gpu and and like 1,3 on the momory.. will push this more... temps are below 50 c still :)

any thoughs on the memory???? and what bios version should i use..

thanx. Peppe

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
I would expect that CPU-Z is reporting what the latency timings are at default without modification.
As for the memory it should run at 1000MHz as it is PC8000 so it is rated to operate at that speed. So I don't know why it won't, unless it is not getting enough voltage or something else is stopping it.

If it can not run at its rated speed I would recommend RMA'ing it.

Also if the current BIOS version is causing no problems I see no need to upgrade it unless it offers more features, or you really want to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, ive heard that my mb isnt really a big fan of running above 800 fsb on the mem bus.. so if i run my cpu att for ex 1000 fsb and the mem at 800, what are the + and - .. other then a decrease in preformace on the mem..?

What do you mean by RMA ing the memory??

peppe

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
RMA'ing means returning the memory to the manufacturer (Return Materials Authorization).

The only negative is the lesser bandwith between the CPU and the memory and vice versa, also there is a decrease obviously in bandwith to other components. It will not be super huge however.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i,ve oc my cpu also to try how far he will go , but have you tried the benchmarks after ? the benchmarks drop drasticly and the temp of the cpu whent up by 20c . the system run stable , but is it whorth it , i just don't know . if there is an oc with more better results i will try again , till then i let it go .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by scully

i,ve oc my cpu also to try how far he will go , but have you tried the benchmarks after ? the benchmarks drop drasticly and the temp of the cpu whent up by 20c . the system run stable , but is it whorth it , i just don't know . if there is an oc with more better results i will try again , till then i let it go .

well had some stable problems running 3,75. had to run my mem @800 at cpu @1000.. now im running [email protected] =3,6ghz. mem still @ 800. very stable.
bemchmarks:
3dmark05 11000 points
3dmark06 6700 points
pcmark05 6800 points
everest read/write 7492/2845 mbs

if i had a different mb i would be able to run at 1:1 mem and cpu att 1000 so my membus on my motherboard is the bottleneck..
this is my first oc, and i have to say that 3,6 ghz works just fine for me. its stable and the temps dont go crazy,
try back down to 3,6 ghz, 240x15,

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
If you are a gamer and if you are gaming on the newest games ie. F.E.A.R. and Quake4 then an extra gig of memory will make an impact even with those cards. Trust me, I know. Even with my SLi setup there was some stuttering on turning and saving with F.E.A.R and Quake4 didn't play as nice with 1GB as it does with 2GB.

R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts