Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I recently noticed that the 8320E is not on the Compatible CPU list from ASrock for the Fatality Pro. I wondered why, but did not think much of it since the chip seemed to be running just fine. However I noticed that my NB speed seems stuck at 800Mhz.. I have checked the bios and the multiplier for the NB is set correctly. If I up the muliplier to 12 instead of 11, it still shows NB running at 800Mhz in F-Stream. Is there any other software that can show my NB speed other that F-Stream? I am hoping that this is a false reading. But since the 8320E is not listed on ASrock's compatible CPU list, I am thinking this may be why.
rolleyes.gif

·
pass the lortabs
5,004 Posts
What does it display in the BIOS? F-stream runs in Windows, does it not?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did sent an email to ASrock, but no response as of yet. Here is a pic of both CPU-Z and F-Stream. On CPU-Z does "Rated FSB" represent my HT speed?

In BIOS, under the clock settings it shows my NB multiplier at 11 and 2200Mhz speed. But I'm not sure if can see the actual running speed of the NB or not. I will have to look again. I don't recall seeing that listed anywhere. I will boot in to BIOS again and look for it again.

Thank you both for your replies.

Sorry the image is so hard to read. The "Rated-FSB" Says 1999Mhz

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undervolter View Post

You need to go to memory tab in CPU-Z. There's the NB. A 2200 would be normal. Yes, rated FSB is HT link speed and 2000 is normal.
Bingo! On the memory tab in CPU-Z is shows NB running at 2200Mhz. Thank you so much. It seems that F-Stream is reading the NB speed incorrectly for some reason. Wow, this is very good news. I was really getting bummed over this. I did not want to have to return this chip over such an issue as I'm really getting to like this chip lol.

Thank you very much for the CPU-Z tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts