Overclock.net banner

8600 GT Gets hot and now im seeing particles!

445 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  angrysasquatch
So my 8600 GT 256mb ddr3
gets hot wen im playing video games. (60 degrees Celsius idle and 75-82 degrees Celsius on load) It finally gave up on me. While in game (tf2) player models started disappearing and i was forced to close the program. While opening up HWmonitor to check temps i keep seeing particles (small dots) everywhere.... This continues for about 15 minutes.

is this the GPU's fault?
Did i damage my GPU at all in any way?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes i no my GPU is old..... I am currently saving up money for an 4830

Ahhhhh white dot particles are still popping up when i am on internet
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Set your fan to 100% using Rivatuner, if that doesn't help you should buy a new card.

Or, get an aftermarket cooler, replace your thermal compound and then your temps should be a lot lower than what they were. Hope this helps!.
I would RMA if you can. I don't know about a 8600gt but I know my 4850 copes fine with 80's and I know gpu's can take serious heat. You could just be seeing the end of your 8600.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.derp
View Post

I would RMA if you can. I don't know about a 8600gt but I know my 4850 copes fine with 80's and I know gpu's can take serious heat. You could just be seeing the end of your 8600.

that would be sad....i had this thing for only about 1.5 years

hopefully this thing can hang in there until i can get enough money for my 4830
See less See more
I ran my 8600 at 105c for a while (months), amazingly it still lives. If it's artifacting at 80c, probably time to RMA it.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.