Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I overclocked my 8700k to a stable 5ghz with 1.3 volts, with the temps in the 60's. Now i would like to change the voltage to adaptive, which i did do and put a negative offset, and left the offset on auto. This does work and it downvolts when idle, although it is quite jumpy. I don't quite understand what value to put in the offset spot or if I should be using a + or - offset.
If anyone could help and try to explain what offset and how much i should be doing it by would be greatly appreaciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi,

I had the same question an others about lowering voltage at idle. I found that when I set the Vcore to some amount and then set the adaptive mode, voltage wouldn't go above the amount I set. So no offset. That's on a MSI board with a 6600K.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Well, I think if you leave OFFSET + or - on AUTO it won't add voltage or decrease, even saying it is on AUTO, from my tests what determinates the full vcore when load is the ''CPU Additional Turbo Vcore'' you set, if you set 1.35v it should be close to that (depends also what is your LLC level set atm), the ideal is always have a full load voltage less than the idle voltage, example: 1.360v idle and 1.344v full load, change your LLCs to some point where the vdroop is between 0~0.03v and you are good to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts